Which Caribbean route to choose

ISLANDS LOVER

Looking to try Windstar our first time sailing cruise (4 times with Star Clippers) we are very unsure to choose for March-2023

YACHTSMANS St.Maarten to St. Maarten or

JEWELS OF THE WINDWARD Bridgetown to Bridgetown

Should we consider the Grenadines with Royal Clipper instead? …some last negative comments regards to Royal Clipper made us change our mind

We plan a future Tahiti cruise with Windstar, so think that a Caribbean route is a good chance to try the cruise line.

Thank you all of you for the answers! 

CRUISERBRUCE Sorry for my mistake, my ignorance of the Caribbean made me think that the routes name was enough, apologies please 😐

Here it is:

WINDSTAR JEWELS OF THE WINDWARD

Day 1 BRIDGETOWN Barbados
Day 2 PIGEON Sta Lucia
Day 3 PIGEON Sta Lucia
Day 3 CASTRIES Sta Lucia
Day 3 PITONS Sta Lucia
Day 4 ANSE MITAN (Martinique)
Day 5 MAYREAU Grenadines (?)
Day 6 ST. GEORGES Grenada
Day 7 BEQUIA Grenadines (?)
Day 8 BRIDGETOWN 

WINDSTAR YACHTSMANS 
Day 1 St MAARTEN
Day 2 FALMOUTH HARBOUR Antigua
Day 3 navigation
Day 4 SOPER’S HOLE Tortola
Day 4 JOST VAN DYKE
Day 5 JOST VAN DYKE
Day 5 VIRGIN GORDA
Day 6 VIRGIN GORDA
Day 7 GUSTAVA St. Barts
Day 8 St MAARTEN 

This will be my first time Caribbean and our interest is a mix of natural untouched beauty (good level Snorkeling and beautiful uncrowded beaches) with some popular islands in the Caribbean 

Of course there are lots of options but SAILING SHIP is our preference and these two routes seems to offer a mix of we are looking for. 

LHT 18
Difficult to know if I have never been there, but thank you for your answer.

CRYSTALSPIN
Apologies again for my mistake and thank you to look up for the itineraries by yourself, sorry🙏🏼
THANK YOU for your vote for the Windward islands route!
As explained there are too many choices for a first timer Caribbean that your comments and opinions are really valuable to me.

Open mind for suggestions! 

• Like 1

They are both fantastic routes. I know a lot of people are leaning towards the Jewel, it is definitely a good route. I would probably want to start and end at Barbados more than St Maarten (I wonder what's the different in flights). However, I would advise that the Virgin Islands are no slouch when it comes to beautiful beaches.

• Like 1

Once again BIG THANKS all of you!

CRUISER BRUCE, thanks for your vote!

ESSIESMOM, yours is 3rd for Jewels! 

Really the flight route does not make difference at the moment as traveling from Barcelona unfortunately we need to transfer in Paris or Amsterdam with AIR FRANCE/KLM which are on the same group too. 

JOEBUCKS Thank you for your opinion, really the several stops at the BVI makes us think twice for the choice also bacause longer stops than at Tobago Cays islands.  

Helpful to know that Barbados would be better than St. Maarten because we want to make 3/4 days pre and post cruise too! 

Edited by ISLANDS LOVER

Thanks for your advise LHT28 

We’ll take this in consideration, of course.

One of the reasons to choose Windstar/Clippers is because under our experience (Thailand and Indonesia routes) these small ships use to stop in islands/bays where big ships can’t, however I can guess the Caribbean is one of the more cruised route in the world.

BVI and Grenadines seems to be the less uncrowned/populated islands but again open mind for better suggestions.

We still reading and looking for our best choice! 

BIG THANKS!