On board washing machines

Phalgal

We're going to be on the Splendor in Dec. I have very sensitive skin and can't abide scented washing detergent. I'd love to hear from anyone who's used the public washing machines and can tell me whether they use scented detergent. We can always bring our own, if necessary.

Thank you.

On Splendor in September, the detergent dispenser hose in the launderette I used was not connected to the machine.  It was by the sink and had a cup to use.  It was very thin--watered down--and the button to dispense it overfilled the cup.  I do not recall it having a scent, but was not focused on that either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, loriva said:

On Splendor in September, the detergent dispenser hose in the launderette I used was not connected to the machine.  It was by the sink and had a cup to use.  It was very thin--watered down--and the button to dispense it overfilled the cup.  I do not recall it having a scent, but was not focused on that either.

Useful info! I will be sure to pack some Tide Free pods for my cruise on the Splendor in a couple weeks.

I always use unscented laundry detergent because DH is allergic to the scents. We did use the Regent included detergent, though, and did not notice any scent, itch, etc., from it.  IMO it is most probably unscented, but perhaps you could contact Regent with the question to be sure.  It would seem that if it is "safe for the ocean," it would need to not include unnecessary chemicals like scents.

The appropriate email address to contact Regent has been posted on CC many times, but I don't remember it.  I just spent some time at rssc.com and looking at my booking confirmations, and if it is in there somewhere I could not find it.  I guess they have a contact email, but really prefer that people not know about it and thus not use it....  Perhaps someone could chime in with that info?  guestservices? onboardservices?

I am currently on Splendor. As noted above, on this ship the detergent is dispensed from a wall unit (and overfills the cup provided). I am sensitive to scents and dyes and have not had an issue with it. 

I have not detected a scent from the clothes sent to the valet laundry service either.

• Like 1