Does the basic drink package still include a Carnival cup?

smilejesuslovesu

On my cruise last month, they had cups but you had to pay for them. They did advertise all over the ship that they were discounted for those with the soda package though. I want to say the discounted price was $10-15 but I honestly can't be sure since no one in my group got one.

2 hours ago, smilejesuslovesu said:

I am just wondering if they still give you a Carnival cup when you purchase the basic soda package...TIA and be Blessed and safe.

Sounds like rcl soda pkg. I dont ever remember carnival including a free cup. 

Maybe I have them confused.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Carnival has never given the cup with the package.  There are many available, with one particular style discounted if you have BB.

On our first Carnival cruise on the Glory in 2003 they did give us a large Carnival insulated mug with a list of their ships.  To get the mug you had to buy the soda package when boarding.  The offer was not available after you left the Main lobby. We were surprised that they included the mug.  There is a price sticker on the bottom of $6.00. We still have all three mugs and I bring mine on every cruise, regardless of which cruiseline we are sailing.  Many people  (including employees) notice the mug and ask about it or tell me they used to have one. We always hand washed and air dried it.  Dishwashers destroy plastic during the dry cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseHealing said:

On our first Carnival cruise on the Glory in 2003 they did give us a large Carnival insulated mug with a list of their ships.  To get the mug you had to buy the soda package when boarding.  The offer was not available after you left the Main lobby. We were surprised that they included the mug.  There is a price sticker on the bottom of $6.00. We still have all three mugs and I bring mine on every cruise, regardless of which cruiseline we are sailing.  Many people  (including employees) notice the mug and ask about it or tell me they used to have one. We always hand washed and air dried it.  Dishwashers destroy plastic during the dry cycle.

Fair enough.  I started cruising with Carnival in 2012.  Somewhere along the way they must have discontinued the practice.

Many years ago, Carnival did include the cup with the soda package.  But I am thinking that was more like 8-10 years now.  Having to think of when my son went and had gotten the soda package, and was given the cup.  Now it seems to be something you can pay extra for.  

8 hours ago, smilejesuslovesu said:

I am just wondering if they still give you a Carnival cup when you purchase the basic soda package...TIA and be Blessed and safe.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Carnival did as well we have 3 different cups we got when we purchased the basic soda card package.

3 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Many years ago, Carnival did include the cup with the soda package.  But I am thinking that was more like 8-10 years now.  Having to think of when my son went and had gotten the soda package, and was given the cup.  Now it seems to be something you can pay extra for.  

Yes they did but it was with the basic soda, we have 3 cups from past cruises we got that way.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, firefly333 said:

Nope, you're correct as far as current practice goes.  

The cups on Royal are critical since the chip on the bottom of the cup activates their Freestyle Coke machines.    That's cool, but there were times when I regretted having to haul the cup around.  I was astonished Royal didn't market a bandolier- or baldric-style insulated cup holder like every Six Flags park offers.