Got Our Documents --- Ryndam ----Dress Code .....

sail7seas

We got our docs for the 14 day Ryndam but they do not indicate the dress code. I assume from past experience it will be 3 formal nights ....but could it be 4? How many Informal nights? It really is a nuisance when they don't give that sort of basic information.

Anyone know for sure what the breakdown will be?

Thank you.

Just returned from Ryndam today. Although our docs listed 3 fromal nights we actually had four.

That's not good!! Most women bring the number of dresses they expect to need and some really, really don't want to wear the same one twice. At least for the men, a tuxedo can be worn repeatedly.

Did anyone point out the documents said only three?

How was your cruise? How's the ship?

Who is Captain and Hotel Manager if you have your 'Who's Aboard'?

Thanks for sharing the info.

The Ryndam, around South America in 2001, was my first HAL cruise and it will always be my favorite. Have a wonderful time on "my Ryndam"

:) Thank you, yiddishkopf. We haven't sailed on Ryndam for about 4 years or so and are looking forward to returning. We had some wonderful times on "Your" Ryndam. :)

The docs should be accurate, IMO. We pack what we need and nothing more. (Well, at least I don't pack more than I need. ;) ) I don't see any reason why the schedule can't be coordinated between Seattle and the ships.

We returned from a 2 week cruise on the Ryndam on Feb. 19th. Our documents also stated that there wwould be 3 formal nights, and when we boarded ship discovered there were 4. But I had packed enough to cover the extra night.

The Captain was Maurits Groothuis and the Hotel Manager was Cees Tesselaar.

Loved the Ryndam and the SOE changes were great---our last cruise on her was in 1999 and now the ship is nicer than ever. Enjoy your cruise!

Am I ever glad I made a stupid mistake, couldn't originally find where the dress code was listed in our documents and posted here. Now I know to bring four formals....just in case.

Thank you for the Officer information.

We're eager to see Ryndam after her SOE. The changes on VODM are fabulous so expect they will be on all the ships.

We just returned also and even though the docs. listed three we had four formal nights! It was mentioned and we were told that any captian has athourity to add a formal per policy. The Captain ihas his wife with him (do not know if he always does) so maybe this is why all the formals.

Captain: Maurits Groothuis

Hotel Manager: Cees Tesselaar

Maitre'd: Gildus

Cruise Director: Bobby Broughton

Kevin

My husband and I also returned on Feb 19. We planned for 4 formal nights as the 4th night was mentioned on the boards before we left.

He only has two tux shirts. Sent them to the laundry - no problem.

We had a wonderful time!:)

Hasn't this happened a couple of other times recently? The docs said one thing and once onboard it was another? I think they ended up calling one an Informal/Formal night to accommodate those who didn't bring enough formalwear.

I really wish HAL would straighten this out and get the docs right because as Sail say, most of us pack based on the information in the docs.

You know, I think that our last several cruises were that way. Either an extra formal night or they changed formal to informal - it never seemed to be what the documents said, so I now overpack, just in case.

MarieA

so I now overpack, just in case.

MarieA

And isn't that an unfortunate solution to an unnecessary problem. It wasn't enough that it can be a difficulty to drag weighty luggage, but now with the airlines enforcing strict weight restrictions on that luggage it's a shame to feel the need to pack extra anything.

Archived