Hopefully Celebrity will follow RCL - RCL adding ability to buy and look at prices of Drink Packages to APP

Jim_Iain

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/royal-caribbean-makes-passenger-friendly-beverage-package-change

Now, the cruise line has found a way to offer passengers a way to check the price and book its various beverage packages on the app. It's not a super-intuitive process, but people are likely to stumble upon it.

To access booking drink packages, login to the app, then click on the icon in the upper left-hand part of the page that looks like a boat. That takes you to a page that lets you check on all sorts of onboard activities and at the bottom of that the cruise line has added a banner that says "Beverage Packages." Click on that and you go to a page that shows you the Deluxe Beverage Package and has a tab for non-alcoholic beverage packages.

If you want to book a package, click on it and a page showing the price comes up. That gives passengers a very quick way to check prices if they're tracking their options before booking. If you do want to book, there's a "reserve now," button which takes you to a page to verify who you are buying for (Deluxe packages must be purchased for any adults in the room, if you are booking via the app).

After selecting the guest(s), you get taken to a page to close the sale. If your credit card is already on file, it does not need to be added in again. Overall, it's a very easy process once you find where to get started on the app.  

Daniel Kline

The Celebrity app will do the same thing. Eventually there will be more functionality in the app that mirrors the Cruise Planner/My Celebrity Cruise. I agree that the drink package issue is a non-event on Celebrity. On the Royal board it seems people have a full time job checking drink prices. 

IMG_0233.PNG

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, prmssk said:

It really shouldn’t be difficult.

Purchases with applicable discounts and applying the CC one-category upgrade during booking have been on their wish list for quite a while, but it's apparently like many things that 'should' be easy, it's extremely expensive to implement. 

• Like 1

Jim I haven’t seen a live review from you in a while, did I miss it? If not when is your next one?

I did a TA on a Princess ship in Oct-Nov and really liked it. I was surprised. I was looking at the Sky Princess and the Silhouette. What made me pick Princess was I could get a business class ticket SFO-LHR FOR $1120.00 while Celebrity ticket was in the neighborhood of $3000.00.

looking forward to hearing from you.

Norma