My View: From Mazda to Meraviglia

APDMOM

Florida Adventures:

We discovered a couple of new FAVORITE vacation spots - Manasota Key (FL) and Fort Pierce Ocean Village(FL).  

DSCN3829.thumb.JPG.bc58e0b08e22b37e3a8bc6b7e1ec5c07.JPGIMG_1096.thumb.jpeg.7bc02032e838d1f0aa085ce6dbb2bd63.jpeg

Fort Pierce:

IMG_4860.thumb.jpg.83a83d80416ff9950e9cdb6197d6a9f1.jpg

IMG_0216.thumb.JPG.a7e45dc5b4617ad2e35cd8c81665583c.JPG

Daytona Beach Shores:

DSCN3546.thumb.JPG.15a68fbf54cc8aa5d8784072096972e4.JPG

That "Sopchoppy" place - it is just so much fun to say!

IMG_0733.thumb.JPG.4b8189e8d676e1fe5a0eae55be3c628c.JPG

Spots in the Panhandle:

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.9c489afe343848398ff5f87009c2f16d.JPG

IMG_9966.thumb.JPG.f09b061e2bf5a8b8ddba201b27d2b592.JPG

IMG_9997.thumb.jpg.a7097167b945be649bae6778a24f3c61.jpg

Inland again:

IMG_1063.thumb.jpg.701686d1713b22ec4e015062cb0fde85.jpg

• Like 2

My View: Road Trips

Although we LOVED our road trips and seeing America, there is nothing that comes close to the value and relaxation of a cruise.  We are thankful that we can cruise again and we are counting down the days to our Pompano Beach pre-cruise vacation before we board Celebrity Reflection... come cruise along!

One final view of Meraviglia...until next time:

image.thumb.jpeg.769620458b2ef18954707819e0209017.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for this live review, so glad I found it.  We are sailing the Meraviglia on a 3 nighter for the first time in January 2023.  Very excited!  You brought the ship to life for me.  GREAT land trip pictures also!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sadebud said:

Thank you for this live review, so glad I found it.  We are sailing the Meraviglia on a 3 nighter for the first time in January 2023.  Very excited!  You brought the ship to life for me.  GREAT land trip pictures also!

22 minutes ago, caribbeanluvr said:

Loved the reviews.  We sail on the Meraviglia on Dec. 4.  2nd trip with MSC.  Looking forward to it.

Enjoy every moment!  Don’t let “little things” steal your joy or dampen your fun! 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:34 PM, APDMOM said:

Florida Adventures:

We discovered a couple of new FAVORITE vacation spots - Manasota Key (FL) and Fort Pierce Ocean Village(FL).  

DSCN3829.thumb.JPG.bc58e0b08e22b37e3a8bc6b7e1ec5c07.JPGIMG_1096.thumb.jpeg.7bc02032e838d1f0aa085ce6dbb2bd63.jpeg

Fort Pierce:

IMG_4860.thumb.jpg.83a83d80416ff9950e9cdb6197d6a9f1.jpg

IMG_0216.thumb.JPG.a7e45dc5b4617ad2e35cd8c81665583c.JPG

Daytona Beach Shores:

DSCN3546.thumb.JPG.15a68fbf54cc8aa5d8784072096972e4.JPG

That "Sopchoppy" place - it is just so much fun to say!

IMG_0733.thumb.JPG.4b8189e8d676e1fe5a0eae55be3c628c.JPG

Spots in the Panhandle:

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.9c489afe343848398ff5f87009c2f16d.JPG

IMG_9966.thumb.JPG.f09b061e2bf5a8b8ddba201b27d2b592.JPG

IMG_9997.thumb.jpg.a7097167b945be649bae6778a24f3c61.jpg

Inland again:

IMG_1063.thumb.jpg.701686d1713b22ec4e015062cb0fde85.jpg

My DH's father lived on Manasota Key, love Stump Pass, have bicycled the whole Key, did you find any shark teeth? 

Fort Pierce and Jupiter Island also two of our favorite places. 

We work in Daytona Beach Shores, its about 20 miles south down the beach (what's left of it) from our house.  Glad you added extra adventures onto your cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Does MSC allow you to bring your own cans of soda on board?

I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to this. We don’t drink soda, so we did not try,  I didn’t see if anyone brought soda. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

6 hours ago, coscab said:

My DH's father lived on Manasota Key, love Stump Pass, have bicycled the whole Key, did you find any shark teeth? 

Fort Pierce and Jupiter Island also two of our favorite places. 

We work in Daytona Beach Shores, its about 20 miles south down the beach (what's left of it) from our house.  Glad you added extra adventures onto your cruise.

Fun!  We did not get into the shark tooth hunting game - did find amazing conch shells at Blind Pass Beach. We miss the island - we actually had a week booked there before we found out we could cruise on Thanksgiving.  Love that we can cruise again though! 🙂 Hope you are enjoying your cruise!

19 hours ago, PG_traveller said:

Thanks very much for your detailed review and pictures! I am booked on the Divina in March for four nights, but I am seriously considering changing to a seven night on the Mera. Need to decide soon as final payment is quickly approaching.

I would definitely encourage a change from 4 nights to 7 nights.  A longer cruise is typically more calm as far as the passengers go  - at least in our experience.  We don’t take any cruises shorter that 5 nights anymore. 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you I really enjoyed your review.  I love the pics also. 

I was wondering, my hubby enjoys a cigar once and awhile.  Where are the smoking areas on this ship?

Also how was the beach at lighthouse bay?

Would you happen to know if We would like to see if a different hour other than the time assigned for dinner is available do we go to the stand in front of one of the dining rooms and speak to the maitre'd or do we go to guest services?

Thanks again

On 12/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, lele100 said:

Thank you I really enjoyed your review.  I love the pics also. 

I was wondering, my hubby enjoys a cigar once and awhile.  Where are the smoking areas on this ship?

Also how was the beach at lighthouse bay?

Would you happen to know if We would like to see if a different hour other than the time assigned for dinner is available do we go to the stand in front of one of the dining rooms and speak to the maitre'd or do we go to guest services?

Thanks again

@lele100 Thank you for reading along!

There is a smoking room right outside the Sky Lounge.  I also know there is a smoking area by the main pool on the port side (left as facing forward).  I don't know if there was a smoking area by the aft pool, but it is probable - I just did not notice. I am not sure if cigars are allowed in any smoking area, or if it is limited to specific areas... Hope this helps at least a bit!

The beach at Lighthouse Bay was very quiet in the morning, with plenty of seating and umbrellas.  It got busy around 11 a.m.  It is a pretty beach with some of the best snorkeling, according to friends who like to snorkel. There are small to medium rocks on the beach and in the water, so most people would prefer water shoes.  I grew up barefeet, so it doesn't bother me 😁

If you want a different time or table for dining, go to the entrance of the dining room where the maitre'd is set up on boarding day.  I would do that first, as soon as you get onboard.  There was a long line after lunch.   I believe he was set up on deck 6 by L'Olivo d'oro Restaurant when we boarded.  

Enjoy your cruise!

13 hours ago, APDMOM said:

@lele100 Thank you for reading along!

There is a smoking room right outside the Sky Lounge.  I also know there is a smoking area by the main pool on the port side (left as facing forward).  I don't know if there was a smoking area by the aft pool, but it is probable - I just did not notice. I am not sure if cigars are allowed in any smoking area, or if it is limited to specific areas... Hope this helps at least a bit!

The beach at Lighthouse Bay was very quiet in the morning, with plenty of seating and umbrellas.  It got busy around 11 a.m.  It is a pretty beach with some of the best snorkeling, according to friends who like to snorkel. There are small to medium rocks on the beach and in the water, so most people would prefer water shoes.  I grew up barefeet, so it doesn't bother me 😁

If you want a different time or table for dining, go to the entrance of the dining room where the maitre'd is set up on boarding day.  I would do that first, as soon as you get onboard.  There was a long line after lunch.   I believe he was set up on deck 6 by L'Olivo d'oro Restaurant when we boarded.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much, very helpful

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, APDMOM said:

Well, that is about all... I know I have some pictures that are buried on the phone - If I find anything helpful, I will come post it here during the week.  If I think of additional tips, I will post those too.

It was such fun to have all of you follow along!  I do these mostly to help others with tips from our experience, but also for our own memories.  It is always fun to see familiar faces stop by and some new faces to travel virtually with us.  Hopefully, we will run into each other on some ship, somewhere!

When I get a chance, I will add some fun pictures for anyone interested in our adventures in the Mazda, as well as a few pics of trips to Namibia and South Africa. 

❤️APDMOM❤️

Wow--this is such great info!  This will be my 4th cruise, but first to MSC.  We've done Disney and Royal Caribbean in the past.  I have a teenager along also--any idea if the balls are provided in the Sportsplex?  He usually spends hours playing when we are cruising (and me and hubby are drinking and sunning)!  I read one note from a cruiser that sailed in May saying they were not provided due to covid.  We can pack one if we know they aren't provided???

Thanks for all the great tips!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 10:45 PM, kniemeyeria said:

Wow--this is such great info!  This will be my 4th cruise, but first to MSC.  We've done Disney and Royal Caribbean in the past.  I have a teenager along also--any idea if the balls are provided in the Sportsplex?  He usually spends hours playing when we are cruising (and me and hubby are drinking and sunning)!  I read one note from a cruiser that sailed in May saying they were not provided due to covid.  We can pack one if we know they aren't provided???

Thanks for all the great tips!

Hi!  I am sorry I don't know the answer to that.  However, everything was pretty much back to 'pre-COVID' status.  I would assume they do provide the balls.  There were many people using the courts and I doubt all of them would have known to bring them on the cruise.  🙂  I would suggest you could ask someone currently on the ship on their roll call, or maybe on the next cruise coming up.  When is your cruise?

On 11/26/2022 at 3:00 PM, APDMOM said:

Evening Entertainment with the Bar Staff:

TIP:  At the end of the performance, they give away 4 special cocktails that the juggling bartenders made.  Sit at the guest service area if you want to stand a chance at a free drink. 🙂

This was also White Night.  We still don’t have anything ‘all white’ but will need to make a plan since we have 3 more MSC cruises booked!  

380723CB-C893-430E-BFF5-1371E1DA6ED8.thumb.jpeg.b6ab5bdaeec36f42560129f5a46782b1.jpeg

So Sears has actually been good for picking up clothing for White Night with their White Linen collection.  I’m pairing that with a White hat from the Panama Canal that I picked up on my Carnival Spirit cruise to Alaska.  

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:55 AM, APDMOM said:

Hi!  I am sorry I don't know the answer to that.  However, everything was pretty much back to 'pre-COVID' status.  I would assume they do provide the balls.  There were many people using the courts and I doubt all of them would have known to bring them on the cruise.  🙂  I would suggest you could ask someone currently on the ship on their roll call, or maybe on the next cruise coming up.  When is your cruise?

That's ok!  We depart on 2/12.  I will try to figure out how to look up the roll call.  I really appreciate your notes and comments!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kniemeyeria said:

That's ok!  We depart on 2/12.  I will try to figure out how to look up the roll call.  I really appreciate your notes and comments!

4 minutes ago, kniemeyeria said:

I found the roll call--thank you!

• Like 1

Great review!  We're sailing 3/5 and very much looking forward to it now.  Do you know if most sailings have the same activities happening, i.e. should we plan on a 'white' night and a 70's night, when we pack?  Looks like alot of fun.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 4:55 PM, cristdom99 said:

Great review!  We're sailing 3/5 and very much looking forward to it now.  Do you know if most sailings have the same activities happening, i.e. should we plan on a 'white' night and a 70's night, when we pack?  Looks like alot of fun.  Thanks!

Yes, those two are standard on MSC. They usually go through the decades, but 70’s and White Night are standard and well attended in our experience.  Enjoy planning! 🙂

Edited by APDMOM
typo