Flights changed...advice needed please

Mrs Soap

Hey everyone,  

We get off the NA in Vancouver may 7th... we then fly from Vancouver to montreal that day..

With advice from this forum (many thanks ) we booked the 1pm flight so we had a bit of time up our sleeves but not too much waiting around at the airport...

Anyway the airline has changed our flight to 11:30am and I have to accept that or change to a much later or non direct flight. 

Will we make the 11:30 flight ok??

Many thanks for any advice 

Kylie 

You could probably make it but you have plenty of time to change your mind.  Accept what you feel comfortable with now and keep watching.  You have until final payment to change your flights 

Edited by Mary229

I would be OK with that flight personally, especially with it being a domestic flight, but depends on how comfortable you are though.

I would do self-assist off the ship and check-in on-line the day before when the window opens.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! 

Payment is already made and I did pay extra for a changeable flight.

Yes I thought being a domestic flight we should be ok...just an hr before check in? 

And we would definitely do self assist getting off the ship...

And yes probably true this may not be the last change with flights!! 

Thanks again!

Next time don’t pay for the restricted airfare, use the flexible and don’t pay until final payment.  I have never had one change price and have been using Flight Ease for years.  Flexibility is everything in this modern travel environment.  That said, don’t get too worried yet, you have a long way to go. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

Thanks everyone! 

Payment is already made and I did pay extra for a changeable flight.

Yes I thought being a domestic flight we should be ok...just an hr before check in? 

And we would definitely do self assist getting off the ship...

And yes probably true this may not be the last change with flights!! 

Thanks again!

I didn't realize your were on Flightease - for sure there I would see no reason to change to a later flight them. In the unlikely event the ship arrival or disembarkation is delayed and you miss your flight, then you should just be rebooked to one of those later flight options. 

In my experience with Flightease, if the timing is not considered adequate, they would not book or keep  you on that flight.

Our flights next week were rescheduled by Flightease to meet an hour earlier change in ship embarkation, and we now have the world's crappiest flights (even though I really believe the original flight arrival would have been fine - it's like 20 minutes off their window of acceptable times and we're pretty fast - haha). Ah well, not the first time we have had to deal with crappy flights ... at least we're going on holiday (-:

25 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

Must admit I've never heard of flight ease? 

We are in Australia 

Oh, Holland America’s flight program is flight ease.  You can book and wait until final payment to pay.  While you wait you can change as often as you would like.  It is a great program from my home market as they always offer the best international rates with excellent flight options.  You can find it from your manage my cruise page.  Go take a look

30 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

Must admit I've never heard of flight ease? 

We are in Australia 

I guess when I read your post, I misunderstood and thought it was FlightEase you were referring to.  Even when you are not booked them, it is still a great guideline for acceptable flighttimes for airports and flights you are not familiar with. When you do a search against your itinerary, you then know what is the latest arrival and earliest departure  times they allow for "day of" flights and so can use those as a 'safe' guideline.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

Just had a look and it wont allow me to book a flight from canada , only from an Australian city...?

You can call and have them change that for you.  It automatically defaults to your home.  I have changed mine often when I sail with mom or sis.  Better yet let your TA call

Edited by Mary229

got hold of holland america ...no they wont allow us to do that from Australia...just an FYI for others who may be interested.

So Ill stick with the 11:30 flight atm...will do self assist..check in the night before and hope for the best!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

got hold of holland america ...no they wont allow us to do that from Australia...just an FYI for others who may be interested.

So Ill stick with the 11:30 flight atm...will do self assist..check in the night before and hope for the best!!

For a domestic flight in Canada, the requirement is to be at the airport 90 minutes before your departure time  - so you have lots of time ...if you haven't already look at Skytrain to get to and from the airport (30 minutes, cheap and super convenient). 

Have a good trip!

• Like 1

I would do as already advised and walk off the ship as early as possible.  Check the taxi line and if it is not too lo grab one to the airport.  If the line is long, walk the two blocks to the Sky Train station and take it to the airport (do your homework ahead of time on this, but it is rather quick, easy and inexpensive - but you do have to handle your own luggage).