What’s the ABSOLUTE EARLIEST ?

lee101224

Hi All , 

we arrive back at Cape liberty on Anthem of the seas , 26th Feb . The published time of arrival is 6am . 

I originally had a flight back from JFK to London at 10.50am , which I thought would be tight but doable . Had an email to say flight has been changed to 10.15am . Do we have any chance ? 

what time does the ship tend to actually arrive ? 

what is the absolute earliest we could be off the ship ? , self disembarkation , etc are not a problem . 
realistically , if I was up , first in line and everything went to plan , would I make that flight ? 

there is an option from Newark , but that’s at 8.15am , which I don’t think is any more realistic , unless any of you lovely people can tell me otherwise . 

Any advice / experiences are greatly appreciated 

thanks in advance 

Lee 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lee101224 said:

Hi All , 

we arrive back at Cape liberty on Anthem of the seas , 26th Feb . The published time of arrival is 6am . 

I originally had a flight back from JFK to London at 10.50am , which I thought would be tight but doable . Had an email to say flight has been changed to 10.15am . Do we have any chance ? 

what time does the ship tend to actually arrive ? 

what is the absolute earliest we could be off the ship ? , self disembarkation , etc are not a problem . 
realistically , if I was up , first in line and everything went to plan , would I make that flight ? 

there is an option from Newark , but that’s at 8.15am , which I don’t think is any more realistic , unless any of you lovely people can tell me otherwise . 

Any advice / experiences are greatly appreciated 

thanks in advance 

Lee 

I would say that the ship will PROBABLY get in on time and that it is UNLIKELY that there will be delays, so you SHOULD be able to get to JFK by 7:45 AM  (the latest reasonable time to get to the gate by 9:45 -the latest time boarding would commence)  all this betting on there being no delays getting a taxi - and relying on light Sunday morning traffic.  BUT -- much as I would prefer a daytime flight to LHR, I would prefer to figure out a way to spend my day (perhaps in a hotel day room) and catch an evening flight rather than sweat.

p.s. Have you got TSA Pre-Chek?

Edited by navybankerteacher

Hi , thanks for the quick response . 

I’d love to spend the day but due to work commitments it’s not possible . Sadly it’s either that flight or cancel the trip . 

I was kinda hoping that Sunday might be a lighter day for traffic but wasn’t sure if I was just being a bit too hopeful . Iv been on 10+ cruises but never needed to race off so never paid attention to how quick anyone has managed to disembark , or even how long immigration has taken In the past . 

I hear the pre-TSA , etc mention a lot , but I’m not sure a Uk citizen can get it ?! 

How are the US airports now ? Are they still crazy busy ? As I was assuming I’d need to arrive by 8.15am at the very very latest to make the flight , would anyone say this is about right for a London flight ? 

thx again all 

43 minutes ago, lee101224 said:

Hi All , 

I will be on Anthem soon and can update as to what time self assist starts though I think it begins at 7 am. 

What you are not taking in account is the weather. It only happened on my first winter cruise out of Bayonne but we were delayed by more than an hour returning and this was in December. Your February return date could be impacted by snow, increasing the travel time to JFK. I would not be comfortable with a 10:15 flight out of JFK.

Hi. Figure a minimum one hour from Cape Liberty to JFK. If there is traffic or weather conditions, even longer. If you are traveling without status or precheck you need to be at JFK no later than 7:15. So you need to be off the ship, sitting in a taxi by 6:15. I wouldn’t risk it. 

Aren’t there any later flights on a partner airline? Or fly into another airport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lee101224 said:

I hear the pre-TSA , etc mention a lot , but I’m not sure a Uk citizen can get it ?! 

No...only US citizens and US lawful permanent residents are eligible for TSA precheck .

2 hours ago, lee101224 said:

A chance, but you're taking a real risk.

1 hour ago, lee101224 said:

How are the US airports now ? Are they still crazy busy ? As I was assuming I’d need to arrive by 8.15am at the very very latest to make the flight , would anyone say this is about right for a London flight ? 

The standard recommendation for an international flight is to arrive three hours before your scheduled flight departure, 7:15 am and it's unlikely you can do that.

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I'm Canadian and have had TSA-precheck for years through NEXUS/GE Just used it a few days ago at FLL

Yes, your answer is more complete than mine. I was commenting about stand alone TSA program, which is not available to foreign nationals.

Citizens of a few countries are eligible to apply for the Global Entry or Nexus programs which include TSA Precheck as a benefit .

Edited by njhorseman

13 hours ago, njhorseman said:

No...only US citizens and US lawful permanent residents are eligible for TSA precheck .

A chance, but you're taking a real risk.

The standard recommendation for an international flight is to arrive three hours before your scheduled flight departure, 7:15 am and it's unlikely you can do that.

Good advice.