bermuda from Florida ports

tcs1366

Cruising to Bermuda is on my bucket list.  I recall there were cruises out of Jax, but now I can not find any out of Florida.

I currently live in Central FL, what would my best option be as a port and would Jax be in the foreseeable future?

Thx.

31 minutes ago, tcs1366 said:

Cruising to Bermuda is on my bucket list.  I recall there were cruises out of Jax, but now I can not find any out of Florida.

I currently live in Central FL, what would my best option be as a port and would Jax be in the foreseeable future?

Thx.

Bermuda cruises rarely leave from Florida ports. Almost all Bermuda cruises depart from Boston, New York, Cape Liberty New Jersey and Baltimore.

Per cruisetimetables.com for the next two years there is only one ship listed as cruising from Jacksonville, the Carnival Elation, and that ship doesn't cruise to Bermuda, so for the foreseeable future you can eliminate that port from your plans.

In 2023 Royal Caribbean has a few round trip cruises on the Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral that make a port call in Bermuda.  Other than that the only cruises departing Florida that stop in Bermuda are repositioning cruises taking the ship to Europe (or going in reverse cruises ending in Florida when a ship is repositioning from Europe).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, njhorseman said:

In 2023 Royal Caribbean has a few round trip cruises on the Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral that make a port call in Bermuda.  Other than that the only cruises departing Florida that stop in Bermuda are repositioning cruises taking the ship to Europe (or going in reverse cruises ending in Florida when a ship is repositioning from Europe).

Which is worth pointing out to the OP that these repositioning cruises that make a port call at Bermuda tend to only stay for a single day whereas the cruises from NYC/Boston/Baltimore tend to have multiple days/overnights in port, which is the main attraction for most of us. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I believe I've seen MSC cruises leaving from Port Canavaral going to Bermuda as well.  I don't believe the layover time is all that long though. 

At least through 2023 the only MSC cruises scheduled to call on Bermuda depart from NY.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oceania Cruises has at least one cruise in 2023 and another in 2024 from Miami (round-trip) to Bermuda. We are on the March 12-22, 2023 cruise from Miami with two nights in Bermuda, an overnight in Charleston, SC, and port calls in Nassau, Bahamas, and Port Canaveral.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

Oceania Cruises has at least one cruise in 2023 and another in 2024 from Miami (round-trip) to Bermuda. We are on the March 12-22, 2023 cruise from Miami with two nights in Bermuda, an overnight in Charleston, SC, and port calls in Nassau, Bahamas, and Port Canaveral.

thx.  I recall years ago the originating Port was Charleston.  I'll just have to keep my eye out.  the one on RC out of Canaveral is do-able.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RCI cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore.  My August cruise spent two nights in Bermuda before returning to Baltimore.  I know for this year there are Baltimore to Bermuda and Bahamas cruises.  They just spend one night in Bermuda.  Not sure if there are just Baltimore to Bermuda cruises, but you can check.

Bermuda is lovely.  Hopefully I'll return this year!

• Like 1