Royal Caribbean cruise terminal Galveston

cynt

Picture of the parking lot from aboard the ship.

Covered parking

North parking 

South parking 

We loved parking and walking onto the ship. 

Once you take exit 1C off of I45 you take it down to 14th street. You will pass the old terminal. There is signage for you to follow. Easy Peasy.

20221124_121234.jpg

Edited by cynt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our check in time was 11am. We arrived a little after 11. We walked straight from our car, through check in, through security, through pictures and onto ship in less than 15 minutes. Fastest check in ever. 

Check in was fabulous because they had multiple check in agents checking you in with a iPad. Loved it! They asked health questions, scanned passport and took picture. It took 3 or 4 minutes tops. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kwbrad said:

Thanks for all the pictures.  What was your arrival time?  Did you have to wait for a parking spot?  We have a spot in north lot reserved I am hoping it will be too backed up.

Forgot to quote you.

No waiting on parking spot.

Arrival time 11am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cynt said:

Check in was fabulous because they had multiple check in agents checking you in with a iPad. Loved it! They asked health questions, scanned passport and took picture. It took 3 or 4 minutes tops. 

Sounds wonderful.  

I was inquiring if a Hotel provided shuttle to from the port and was told they did.

The hotel also told me NCL would be using the new RCCI terminal.  Note, NCL cruises on a Friday.

Thanks for posting the information and pictures!  We board the Allure Sunday 11/27 and since we don't have much planned for the port days and haven't cruised since March 2020 we splurged on covered parking at the port.  It will be so nice parking right there and we also have 11:00 check in time and nice to know how quickly you were able to board.  Enjoy your cruise!

RCCL may have this info posted somewhere, but curious if anyone knows the earliest luggage dropoff time for the new Terminal 10?

We are trying to work a plan to do a dropoff, then go park at a friend's place, and still get back for early check-in slot.

12 hours ago, longhorn2004 said:

So how was security so fast? I hated the one to two hour waits at the other two terminals. Carnival is going to have to dig deep into its pockets and match the Royal debarkation experience at the two other terminals.

We just got back and elected to do self assist. From leaving our cabin, catching elevator, going through last BONG!, to facial recognition, to walking to our car in the North parking lot less than 10 minutes. Our longest wait was for the elevator to get to deck 4. LOVE THIS NEW TERMINAL! Game changer. 

Luggage pickup area.

We exited the side of the bldg, walked around the corner and the parking lots were right in front of us. PAY FOR THE NORTH lot. It's right there. CONVENIENT! No need to pay for covered parking unless you just want to. It is possible to walk to and from the South lot. It's a little further but a very easy walk on a paved sidewalk. Royal did a fabulous job. 

20221128_074517.jpg

• Like 2

That terminal is AWESOME!!!! My party was on Allure in 17 minutes from the side walk to ship. Arriving I went from Gangway to sidewalk in 9 minutes, yes 9 minutes. I love that terminal! 

I had some novices with me who took their first cruise in 2019.  Even they noticed how better the experience was in the new Terminal 10.

Carnival, you might want to take note. Your pax do not want to wait outside for an hour for security (Terminal 1), or have the ambience of a Costco (Terminal 2) .

• Like 1