Am I wasting my time asking for OBC?

glentally

16 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

No, as I noted above, I am virtually certain the FCC can be applied to an existing booking within the deadline window.  But not everyone has one nor is in a position to make one.

Yes, fcc can be applied to an existing booking that is not past final payment but sails within a year.  Done it that way 2 times.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Yes, fcc can be applied to an existing booking that is not past final payment but sails within a year.  Done it that way 2 times.

Thanks.  That's what I thought.   I have never done that, but will receive some FCC early next year that I hope to apply to a cruise later in the year (I have several booked).

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Thanks for confirming this information.  I've got a cruise booked Feb 2024 that I'm counting on using my FCC.  

One little detail.  NCL informed me and my TA that my account won't actually be credited until I complete the cruise (March 2023) that is the souce of the FCC.   

As it turned out, NCL refused to give me the 10% military discount on a cruise I had scheduled for March 2024.  I cancelled the March 2024 cruise and rebooked for Feb 2024.    This got me a special promotion where the TA is covering the DSC and the 10% discount.  Now, that cruise is well within the window to  use the FCC.

Just a word to the wise when using this type of FCC.  Keep notes!  When it is applied, it is a reduction of your fare so it can be confusing if you are checking for price changes. So for example if your original fare was $4k and you have $1k in FCC, your fare will now show as $3k.  Sometimes they show discounts, sometimes not. Use the original price ($4k) for price comparisons. There won't be any code or payment notation on your invoice.

I called and got FCC two weeks ago when I noticed the price of our Haven cabin had dropped $500, their was only one H9 left at the time. I called and talked to a manager who said late her take a look. Two minutes later she said we would get $475 of FCC.