Discounts for Cast Members and Military

angelndscz

I haven't been in these groups for a long time and I am trying to book a Disney Cruise. I have only been on Carnival once and used an agent.  So my Disney account shows Florida Resident and Disney Plus.  Are these discounts added automatically if they are available?

Also, two of the people coming with us are Cast Members (daughter and boyfriend).  She says her discount calendar doesn't go out to Thanksgiving of next year yet... If available at a later time, can they add cast member discount/pricing?   I have them in one room and me and hubby in another, for discounts, would it be better to be my daughter and I in one room, and hubby and boyfriend in another?  I haven' finished booking yet, but put the reservation on hold...

Same question for military... on my Disney account, I don't see how to add that my husband and I are retired military. If available, can I add that after booking? 

I may just need to call... Of course, I want all the discounts available.

4 hours ago, angelndscz said:

I haven't been in these groups for a long time and I am trying to book a Disney Cruise. I have only been on Carnival once and used an agent.  So my Disney account shows Florida Resident and Disney Plus.  Are these discounts added automatically if they are available?

Also, two of the people coming with us are Cast Members (daughter and boyfriend).  She says her discount calendar doesn't go out to Thanksgiving of next year yet... If available at a later time, can they add cast member discount/pricing?   I have them in one room and me and hubby in another, for discounts, would it be better to be my daughter and I in one room, and hubby and boyfriend in another?  I haven' finished booking yet, but put the reservation on hold...

Same question for military... on my Disney account, I don't see how to add that my husband and I are retired military. If available, can I add that after booking? 

I may just need to call... Of course, I want all the discounts available.

Cast member discounts typically show up much closer to actual cruise.  Around 90 days out.  If the discount is a better price (taking into account any cancellation penalties) you have to cancel current reservation and make a new one with the CM price.  You would also lose any activity/excursion reservations connected to the original reservation.

Military discounts are on specific cruises, not all cruises.  You can find the dates of those cruises on the DCL website on the "Plan a cruise" tab, "Special Offers" link.  I don't know for sure how those work, if you can just apply the discounted rate to an existing reservation or if you have to cancel and rebook.

Any discounts must be added to the reservation.  I don't think any automatically happen.  And, I believe, you can only get one, no stacking discounts.

Edited by Shmoo here

I know when I booked a Disney+ special cruise for last month (I booked it in July), it was specifically mentioned to me at least twice that the sale was final and unless I tested positive for COVID there would be no refunds, no price adjustments, no nothing. You should read the specifics of any discounts you are interested in using to see their stipulations.

It worked out great for me. I ended up cruising on Disney for what I consider to be a bargain, after having experienced it.

Long story short, neither of you will get discounts for that cruise.  Disney offers CM, military, and FL resident pricing on near-term cruises they are having trouble filling.  The CM's will, however, get discounts on on-board purchases just like in the parks.

For the CM discount, she is able to book her room as well as another room at the discount, so no need to split the cast members into different rooms. But like others mentioned, it's all very short notice when they're posted and cancelling and rebooking might not be ideal bc of the cancellation window. 

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think cast member discounts are for all cruises. My sister is a cast member and watches the offerings on the cast website. They only discount cruises that are not full and after final payment is due.   It is not likely a Thanksgiving cruise would be discounted.

On 12/23/2022 at 6:31 PM, minniem said:

I do not think cast member discounts are for all cruises. My sister is a cast member and watches the offerings on the cast website. They only discount cruises that are not full and after final payment is due.   It is not likely a Thanksgiving cruise would be discounted.

This is true and discounted cruises are not posted on the Hub until 45 days out.