Does HAL sell Mountain Dew soda?

RMLincoln

We are booked on Rotterdam for Caribbean. Family member is considering joining us, but drinks large quantities of Mountain Dew.

Does HAL carry it?   Is it $2.50/can?  Covered on Signature Beverage Package?  

Thanks for the help! m—

As a HAL cruiser since 2008, I can assure you that I have never seen a can of Mt Dew onboard unless I brought my own daily ration.  Unfortunately, bringing your own soda is no longer allowed.

On Pinnacle-class ships, I have a deep sigh and resign myself to a Diet Coke with several almond cookies from the Grand Dutch Cafe to ease my Mt Dew cravings.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-nieuw-statendam-onboard-images-1/IMG_0322-Edit.jpg

• Like 3

It is unlikely that you will see Mountain Dew on HAL.  The line has a contractual relationship with Coke, so unless this were to change, a Pepsi product would have to wait until you are ashore.

Hank

48 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Just off the Koningsdam.  No Pepsi products.  We were traveling with someone who bleeds Mountain Dew.  He bought numerous bottles while in port and was able to bring them on board.

Thanks for that info. I wasn’t sure if one could do that. Maybe those staffing the scanners for reboarding have bigger concerns than a few bottles of soda. m—

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Thanks for that info. I wasn’t sure if one could do that. Maybe those staffing the scanners for reboarding have bigger concerns than a few bottles of soda. m—

I would suggest cans as the staff may be more willing to let that go versus plastic bottles.

13 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Coca Cola's attempt at a Mt. Dew alternative is called Mellow Yellow.  Perhaps someone onboard can report back whether or not Mellow Yellow is offered.

I haven't seen it on board.  Maybe on the ships that have the "freestyle" blending machines.  

I've heard that the security screeners, especially at stopover ports, aren't super picky about sodas coming on board despite the official policy, but I've just learned to adapt.  I drink diet Mt Dew, and in Europe that's pretty much unobtanium.

3 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I have not looked but St Thomas, USVI and San Juan, Puerto Rico might have it since they are US locations.

Most of them have regular MD. Diet is tough though unfortunately. So...how does one go about smuggling some on?

2 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Most of them have regular MD. Diet is tough though unfortunately. So...how does one go about smuggling some on?

Policy says no plastic.  Cans or cartons and only water.

So just put 2x12 packs in suitcase and hope they don't check to see if it is beer/soda.or not

9 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

The jokes write themselves.  Mountain Dew is popular in Appalachia?  No way!

So is higher education. You have no idea who you are talking to. I'm used to speaking with educated, professional people. Not sure why you choose to creep around my posts and make disrespectful, discriminatory comments. Shows your level of intelligence. Please move along.

Edited by Reds4life