Concierge contact before sailing to help with wedding

Hampton99

We will be sailing on the koningsdam in June.  We have 3 Neptune suites as well as 6 other rooms for my daughters wedding.  We do have a wedding coordinator and group sales contact but is it possible to email the concierge in advance for help with dining reservations, high tea on the balconies, delivery of gift basket to rooms?  We are 3 star and usually stay in Neptune suites but don’t usually ask for much but with this any help would be appreciated.  Also anyone have experience reserving an area in a lounge with music.  The wedding only includes the service and dinner after and I am hoping to reserve tables in a venue so we can have a father/daughter, mother/son dance.  Any help is welcome.

You might start by contacting guest relations:  guestrelations@hollandamerica.com.  I'm sure this is not an uncommon request for those getting married on-board, to coordinate things for the big day.  I don't know if it would be the Neptune Concierge doing this, since they have other suite guests to take care of, but I would think there is someone on-board to help you.

You can’t reach the concierge by email but the ship board co-ordinator can help.  I would reach out to the ship board co-ordinator for your cruise.

The high tea can easily be arranged once you are on board (there is not one on embarkation day) with no trouble.  Same thing with gift baskets unless you want them there on embarkation day.

Dining reservations can be done on line unless you are trying to do the “free” dinners and then all you need is the booking #’s and call the number for the dining.

I think ship board services might be able to help you with reserving an area - fair warning though - public areas are very hard to reserve but with your particular circumstances - they might be willing 🤞 

I hope you have a wonderful wedding and time on board.

• Like 1

You can only reach the NL concierge (or his/her backup) if they give you their personal contact info. be it email and/or social media. They do have a shipboard email address but that's internal only and not shared with guests. Good luck with the wedding; should be a nice one onboard

• Like 1

The wedding coordinator is through the ship and they suggested getting the concierge to help with reserving tables, so not much help there.  Which is why I am wondering if anyone has experience, wedding or not, in reserving tables at a venue.  I know travel agents can reserve group areas but we are not using a travel agent.  
They guarantee an officer of the ship for the “ceremonial” service.  They will do the legal marriage elsewhere.  

38 minutes ago, Hampton99 said:

The wedding coordinator is through the ship and they suggested getting the concierge to help with reserving tables, so not much help there.  Which is why I am wondering if anyone has experience, wedding or not, in reserving tables at a venue.  I know travel agents can reserve group areas but we are not using a travel agent.  
They guarantee an officer of the ship for the “ceremonial” service.  They will do the legal marriage elsewhere.  

Try these folks 

you want to make a group reservation- not multiple individual reservations.    Here is the price list I got when I was setting up a cocktail party. 

every ship has an "onboard event coordinator".   In Seattle.   This is who travel agents deal with.   

tell them you want to schedule a group cocktail party followed by dinner.   Don't mention wedding yet.   That may get you sent back to the "wedding coordinator."

once you get hooked up with the onboard event coordinator you can make changes.   But as a group not a bunch of individuals 

Phone: 877.885.4259
Fax: 866.425.9337 or 206.301.5516
Email: onboardeventservices@hollandamerica.com

DDBF038F-0F74-4594-A80C-74A0DC376BF0.png

Group Onboard Options Menu - July 2022.pdf

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Try these folks 

you want to make a group reservation- not multiple individual reservations.    Here is the price list I got when I was setting up a cocktail party. 

every ship has an "onboard event coordinator".   In Seattle.   This is who travel agents deal with.   

tell them you want to schedule a group cocktail party followed by dinner.   Don't mention wedding yet.   That may get you sent back to the "wedding coordinator."

once you get hooked up with the onboard event coordinator you can make changes.   But as a group not a bunch of individuals 

Phone: 877.885.4259
Fax: 866.425.9337 or 206.301.5516
Email: onboardeventservices@hollandamerica.com

DDBF038F-0F74-4594-A80C-74A0DC376BF0.png

Group Onboard Options Menu - July 2022.pdf 860.37 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for the info.  I will reach out but I think this is also what the wedding coordinator will do for us.  They will coordinate a cocktail hour and then a dinner wedding reception, which we have chosen to do in tamarind.  I am trying to set something up for after dinner in a venue with music on the koningsdam.  We don’t need the whole venue just a few tables.  Hoping anyone who has done this can offer their experience.  Or even if they have had the concierge reserve a table for two in a music venue?  Appreciate all the advice so far.  

2 hours ago, Hampton99 said:

Thanks for the info.  I will reach out but I think this is also what the wedding coordinator will do for us.  They will coordinate a cocktail hour and then a dinner wedding reception, which we have chosen to do in tamarind.  I am trying to set something up for after dinner in a venue with music on the koningsdam.  We don’t need the whole venue just a few tables.  Hoping anyone who has done this can offer their experience.  Or even if they have had the concierge reserve a table for two in a music venue?  Appreciate all the advice so far.  

Tables in music venues can't be reserved by the concierge or anyone else when the bands are playing for the general guest population.  Making that happen would be a big deal and unlikely.    

Your best bet is to talk to the Onboard Event Manager once you get onboard and see what's possible.    You won't be able to get anyone to set up anything like what you are expecting in advance.

The Neptune Concierge can only help with requests that are along already established lanes.   

If you are expecting exclusive use of the dance floor while the band plays "First Dance" music....I doubt they will go along with that either.   Won't hurt to ask - but you will have to wait until you get on the ship.