Quantum of the seas 1-24th Nov 2022

Hi all

Home now from what was meant to be 4 btb but ended after 3 for wife " positive" covid test that we were not allowed to see the results of? Nor was she allowed to re-test? Anyway over all we had a great time however there was a long list of issues, So hope they get their S*#t together... we are on Quantum again in Feb, the staff are in a hard spot at times can see they generally want to help but have hands tied by Royal and its sad that as customers who are willing to sail and spend get treated so poorly they are (Royal caribbean) experts in side stepping issues giving no anwers even when onboard, has left a bad taste not first time have had issues with Royal love sailing with them to point wife an I got tattoos of the logo and  are now left ending what could have been an amazing adventure feeling resentful and very untrusting in the company. 

Just to name a few of the issues....they still have a $2940 pending charge on credit card even tho all bills are and were fully paid before getting off the ship....

We didn't receive and of the pre purchased gifts.....missed all our excursions due to ship getting into Port late and tendering being so outta whack....

Never received the double points even tho we booked ontime and confirmed with royal before sailing....many times

List of issues continues but can't be stuffed typing them all out

One thing I will say is I am sooooo over royal caribbean policy of solving ANY issues with "OBC"

But all in all we had a great time and can't wait to sail the seas again 

20221111_040102.jpg

20221120_093912.jpg

Lots of cruises/ships are disjointed around covid, and it must be really frustrating to travel that way.

Hopefully the $2940 pending card transaction is just the security hold, and it disappears in the coming days when your bank reconciles it. I hope your missing pre-purchased stuff is refunded, but sucks that you didn't receive them on the ship.

Did they cancel your 4th cruise on you, or did you choose that?

Feb will be here before you know it, so fingers crossed they have got their ship together for when you next board.

Hi,

I got off Quantum on Friday 18th November, while on board i thought i did everything possible to stay safe, never went to MDR, didn't go to the theatre wore a mask a lot of the time when around the ship, sanitised hands all the time, so when i got off i thought all was good.

Wrong, by Sunday not feeling to good, i tested negative then, Monday feeling even worse, tested positive, so i have spent the last week battling the dreaded Covid.

So you can be as carful as possible and still be unlucky to catch it. Just glad i didn't catch it while on board, i don't think it would have been very nice going through all those aches and pains in your cabin.

23 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Hi,

I got off Quantum on Friday 18th November, while on board i thought i did everything possible to stay safe, never went to MDR, didn't go to the theatre wore a mask a lot of the time when around the ship, sanitised hands all the time, so when i got off i thought all was good.

Wrong, by Sunday not feeling to good, i tested negative then, Monday feeling even worse, tested positive, so i have spent the last week battling the dreaded Covid.

So you can be as carful as possible and still be unlucky to catch it. Just glad i didn't catch it while on board, i don't think it would have been very nice going through all those aches and pains in your cabin.

The same timeline for us following our Majestic cruise last month. Also a familiar theme with many of my friends on cruises over the past few months.

23 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The same timeline for us following our Majestic cruise last month. Also a familiar theme with many of my friends on cruises over the past few months.

How long was your cruise on Majestic and bay46's cruise on Quantam?  Trying to identify a common theme here.  Does the reason they split cruises of 7 days to 5 days and 2 days still apply for not getting covid on a ship, but getting it once you get off the ship  Sounds like you did all the right things to stay free of covid.  Like many people, I've done everything I can to keep myself free of Covid.  I only ate at restaurants outside, wore masks at the theatre and on airplanes and where directed.  Washed my hands often and tried to keep a distance.  My daughter tells me my worse fault is to lower my mask when I'm talking to people.  

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

How long was your cruise on Majestic and bay46's cruise on Quantam?  Trying to identify a common theme here.  Does the reason they split cruises of 7 days to 5 days and 2 days still apply for not getting covid on a ship, but getting it once you get off the ship  Sounds like you did all the right things to stay free of covid.  Like many people, I've done everything I can to keep myself free of Covid.  I only ate at restaurants outside, wore masks at the theatre and on airplanes and where directed.  Washed my hands often and tried to keep a distance.  My daughter tells me my worse fault is to lower my mask when I'm talking to people.  

11 nights for us.

One possible conclusion - disembarking a cruise ship is not good for your health.

That was why they split into shorter cruises in the first few months after resumption, but I haven't seen any plans to shorten upcoming itineraries.

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

11 nights for us.

One possible conclusion - disembarking a cruise ship is not good for your health.

That was why they split into shorter cruises in the first few months after resumption, but I haven't seen any plans to shorten upcoming itineraries.

My concern is for solo passengers who test positive for Covid after they disembark.  I know you can be cared for on line, as my girlfriend had telehealth ? when she had covid.  

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

My concern is for solo passengers who test positive for Covid after they disembark.  I know you can be cared for on line, as my girlfriend had telehealth ? when she had covid.  

Once off the ship, you receive the same care you would if you caught it at work, on the bus, or your local supermarket.

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Once off the ship, you receive the same care you would if you caught it at work, on the bus, or your local supermarket.

Seems you would be better off if you caught covid towards the end of your cruise, as long as you got timely food and medicine delivery!

My cruise was 9 nights, over night in Sydney and an over night in Hobart, then back to Brisbane, it wasn't until second last day that we where told there where a few cases on board, don't know how many but i must have got lucky and passed by one of them.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Omg....your daughter is so right.....why, why, why would you do that ....worst thing ever at the moment... so many pretenders out there...ohhhhh I tested negative... ohhhh I wore my mask, not full time you didn't...oh my goodness where are people's, freaking self preservation skills... you know,, the one's you are born with.... 

I hear this s*h*t all the time.... I  work in the public hospital system here in FNQ.....so many people say ....oh i did the right thing....bollocks... you didn't...  time people stood up for their mistakes... it's not the ship that let you down... it's you... come on people do the right thing and if you can't stick to simple requests don't freekin cruise until things settle...... Co- vid is still here and you aren't helping things by being so damned COMPLACENT... it's not the ships fault..................IT'S YOURS......so stop blaming them

Edited by badgerbill
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

Omg....your daughter is so right.....why, why, why would you do that ....worst thing ever at the moment... so many pretenders out there...ohhhhh I tested negative... ohhhh I wore my mask, not full time you didn't...oh my goodness where are people's, freaking self preservation skills... you know,, the one's you are born with.... 

I hear this s*h*t all the time.... I  work in the public hospital system here in FNQ.....so many people say ....oh i did the right thing....bollocks... you didn't...  time people stood up for their mistakes... it's not the ship that let you down... it's you... come on people do the right thing and if you can't stick to simple requests don't freekin cruise until things settle...... Co- vid is still here and you aren't helping things by being so damned COMPLACENT... it's not the ships fault..................IT'S YOURS......so stop blaming them

Unfortunately I'm not even aware I do that until she tells me!!  But I'm going to practice to not do that because i realise it defeats the purpose.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Unfortunately I'm not even aware I do that until she tells me!!  But I'm going to practice to not do that because i realise it defeats the purpose.  

and unfortunately that is always the answer, except for those who still think it's a hoax or they just don't care,  they feel they are owed, entitled to a holiday .....                                                                                          We have cancelled not only all personal cruising but business international travel till early 2025.... hopefully by then people will be more accountable for their actions.....we shall have fun working locally.. with conditions of course........ take care.

13 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

and unfortunately that is always the answer, except for those who still think it's a hoax or they just don't care,  they feel they are owed, entitled to a holiday .....                                                                                          We have cancelled not only all personal cruising but business international travel till early 2025.... hopefully by then people will be more accountable for their actions.....we shall have fun working locally.. with conditions of course........ take care.

I'm going to be in Cairns on Wednesday, 7/12 from 10-7, if you are not working and would like to catch up,  I plan to have lunch in Cairns, do a little shopping and walk along the beautiful Esplanade in the cool of the evening.  This is my first cruise since Covid.  I really miss travelling north which we used to do each year.  Do you enjoy living in Cairns?  I was there during the year, but was like a hermit because I didn't want to catch Covid prior to my RAT test on the day of boarding my small cruise ship.  

7 hours ago, arxcards said:
5 hours ago, qbay46 said:

My cruise was 9 nights, over night in Sydney and an over night in Hobart, then back to Brisbane, it wasn't until second last day that we where told there where a few cases on board, don't know how many but i must have got lucky and passed by one of them.

I was also on this cruise. We were one of the few who wore masks most of the time. Nearly all the crew were wearing cloth masks until Day 7, the second day in Hobart, when they changed to N95 masks so was obvious then that there were increasing numbers of covid cases onboard.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, arxcards said:

Same for us on Majestic, could not have been more careful. Currently doing B2B2B on Ovation after missing one Majestic as still positive. Wearing masks all the time and avoiding crowds! Lots and lots of people coughing and very few masks. Masks were mandatory though today on tenders, but some took off as soon as they were on tender!

Our waiter has been missing for two nights, but no one will say why and also the Cruise Director! Interesting times! They say you it is unlikely to  catch Covid within 3 months, let’s hope that is the case!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, qbay46 said:

Hi,

Interesting you should say that about going through the aches and pains in your cabin. My experience with covid was that I lost my taste for my 2 favourite beverages: coffee and beer; and while I felt the need for food I couldn't eat much. So it would have been insufferable for me in isolation on a cruise.

1 hour ago, Galesa said:

Interesting you should say that about going through the aches and pains in your cabin. My experience with covid was that I lost my taste for my 2 favourite beverages: coffee and beer; and while I felt the need for food I couldn't eat much. So it would have been insufferable for me in isolation on a cruise.

Yes I lost my taste for coffee, couldn’t drink it at all, but the worst part was the sore throat, man did that hurt, was painful to even drink water. Only plus side was that I lost about 3kgs in weight , but I don’t want to go through that weight loss program again. So now it is back to the red wine now that I can taste it again.

• Like 1