Cancelling Shore excursions on board $$

Lobbylin

If I cancel a shore excursions on board and the amount is refunded to my ship board account- can I take that as cash on the last day?  Their blurb says they refund it as a check if you don’t spend it, but tut would be a pain - I’d rather just be refunded in cash

My November 2022 cruise on Encore, I had 2 excursions that I booked in advance and paid for with credit card cancelled.  My on board account was credited with refundable on board credit.  At  the end of the cruise I still had a credit balance and that balance was refunded to me in cash on the last morning (had to go to guest services).

• Like 1

Just off Breakaway, my wife had $35 or so credit and they pulled her out of the disembarkation line for a 10 minute refund process. Mine had $18 or so and they didn't pull me, I assume I'm not going to get that back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcarney said:

Just off Breakaway, my wife had $35 or so credit and they pulled her out of the disembarkation line for a 10 minute refund process. Mine had $18 or so and they didn't pull me, I assume I'm not going to get that back.

Wow! I guess there are certain amounts which they consider cheaper for them to refund on board rather than arranging a refund to you.

Thank you to everyone who responded 👍

1 hour ago, Lobbylin said:

Wow! I guess there are certain amounts which they consider cheaper for them to refund on board rather than arranging a refund to you.

Thank you to everyone who responded 👍

From what I can glean based on my experience, the onboard accounting system is not tied in any way to the land-based system. So refunds before a cruise are handled through Miami but once onboard, everything goes to your onboard account and for whatever reason they won't put a refund on your credit card.

• Like 1