Former Norwegian Cruise Line Ships Arrive for Scrapping

Swells1

12 hours ago, Swells1 said:

Same, except she was still the Dreamward when I went on her.  I had heard earlier in the year she was scheduled for scrap, but its definitely sad to see when it actually happens.

Sailed on the NCL Wind several times on the Hawaii itinerary.  These cruises included the 2.5 days down to Fanning Island and the 2.5 days back up to Hawaii.   Many, many, many good times!!!!

27 minutes ago, kapoho2 said:

Sailed on the NCL Wind several times on the Hawaii itinerary.  These cruises included the 2.5 days down to Fanning Island and the 2.5 days back up to Hawaii.   Many, many, many good times!!!!

A friend and I did the NCL Hawaii itinerary with Fanning Island on the Star in 2002.   It certainly was a unique cruise stop, and I enjoyed it for that reason.  I have wondered since if ships ever stop there anymore and what happened to the area NCL developed.

My sister and her husband and I were on the Wind in the Caribbean.   We loved the design of the ship.  I need to go back into my photo archives to take another look at pictures from that cruise.  

1 hour ago, Joanne G. said:

A friend and I did the NCL Hawaii itinerary with Fanning Island on the Star in 2002.   It certainly was a unique cruise stop, and I enjoyed it for that reason.  I have wondered since if ships ever stop there anymore and what happened to the area NCL developed.

My sister and her husband and I were on the Wind in the Caribbean.   We loved the design of the ship.  I need to go back into my photo archives to take another look at pictures from that cruise.  

Very few ships call on Fanning Island. In 2023 there will be three and also three in 2024, per cruisetimetables.com :

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-fanning-island-kiribati-2023.html

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-fanning-island-kiribati-2024.html

Edited by njhorseman