Zaandam: New TV's and Content

Mosaic

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

So anybody know if the new TV's on the Zaandam have the interactive capabilities that the newer ships have? Bow and Stern cameras, etc...

Thanks!

I emailed someone that's on the current Grand Africa voyage and she said they still haven't installed the new TV's.  We were really hoping it would be done prior to our embarking on the 20th for a month but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

I did see a video from a few months ago where a Neptune Suite had a new---looked like a 45" TV.  For what that is worth.

I found one video on YouTube from this year and it's still the old TV on the desk.  Will be in both a Vista and a Neptune soon (on a B2B) so guess we'll find out!  Thanks.

Edited by zelker

We had an Oceanview Cabin on Zaandam @2 months ago (early October). A small flat panel had been installed using a wall mount, but no on-demand services were available. It's a work-in-progress. We had very limited channel options but there was one for the bow camera. Unfortunately, picture quality from that feed was poor the few occasions we tuned in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mosaic said:

Here is a video link.... Holland America Zaandam Neptune Suite

Thanks for posting.  Yep, that's the video I saw and it's not new (we had one in a Neptune on the same-class Amsterdam in 2019) and if memory serves, it isn't a full interactive system like on the larger HAL ships.  I've read on other threads that Zaandam has already been rewired for the interactive system; now they just need to install the new TVs on the walls.  

The story going around Zaandam is that the people who were going to install the TVs could not get visas - no idea how true it is but I don't know of anyone having an interactive TV.   My oceanview cabin has the old TV on the shelf by the desk.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Vista "suite" entertainment amenities on Zaandam.  We don't camp in the cabin but it's nice to know what is available for sea or inclement weather days.

Is there anyone actually on Zaandam or recently debarked that can give the ungarbled word on TVs in Vista balcony rooms?  I've heard:

1.  They have been upgraded for Neptune suites only thusfar; not Vista

2.  The folks slated to install new TVs didn't get their visas

3.  There are basically no movies on the TV and the DVD library is gone so you have to bring your own DVDs to play on the Vista DVD players

4.  The library is gone - both for DVDs and books.  But someone else said the book library is alive and well on Zaandam

5.  Another rumor of a dry dock for Zaandam this spring at which time they would presumably (try to) upgrade the TVs.  We sail end of May.

6.  Any other current Zaandam info would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shack said:

Vista "suite" entertainment amenities on Zaandam.  We don't camp in the cabin but it's nice to know what is available for sea or inclement weather days.

Is there anyone actually on Zaandam or recently debarked that can give the ungarbled word on TVs in Vista balcony rooms?  I've heard:

1.  They have been upgraded for Neptune suites only thusfar; not Vista.

Don't think they got them installed. 

2.  The folks slated to install new TVs didn't get their visas. 

Yes for 5 months now since "supply chain issues" initially delayed TVs arriving. 

3.  There are basically no movies on the TV and the DVD library is gone so you have to bring your own DVDs to play on the Vista DVD players.

Correct.

4.  The library is gone - both for DVDs and books.  But someone else said the book library is alive and well on Zaandam.

No DVD library. Book library is there in spirit. Limited books from what used to be there but there is a take 1 leave 1 section. 

5.  Another rumor of a dry dock for Zaandam this spring at which time they would presumably (try to) upgrade the TVs.  We sail end of May.

Supposedly, but they've been saying same thing for months. "Wired and technology installed, just need TVs on the wall".

6.  Any other current Zaandam info would be greatly appreciated! Zaandam is (one of) the oldest anf smallest ships left in the fleet. Looked to be in pretty good shape when we sailed. Depending on what other ships you've been on you may love it or hate it. We like the older ships better than Pinnacle class depending on itinerary. Some say there is more to do/eat on newer ships but with cut backs, they are converging to equal nullity....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1