Long Review: A Wonderful Norwegian Bliss Thanksgiving

SacCaliCruiser

18 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thank you!  We're sailing Bliss in the Spring and may encounter the same thing.  No worries, we're also booked the following Summer, so we'll see that danged glacier eventually.  It isn't going anywhere (at least not fast).  😎

At least you know worst case scenario.  But Bliss and the observation deck are really nice.  However, if pricing is comparable…you might want to consider Encore for one of your cruises.  The addition of Skagway snd Glacier Bay would be a really nice augment.  But…if I recall…you do AK often…so NVM my opinion…🙃

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Question on Priority Access and enhanced room service breakfast.  The hang tags only have two omelets and the brioche French toast…even though the menu in the binder has the options in your image.  Did anyone in your cabin order off the expanded menu? Did you just write it on the hang tag…or did you call it in?

I’m sorry we did not actually order breakfast room service so I don’t know. It’s the one perk we didn’t use  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

At least you know worst case scenario.  But Bliss and the observation deck are really nice.  However, if pricing is comparable…you might want to consider Encore for one of your cruises.  The addition of Skagway snd Glacier Bay would be a really nice augment.  But…if I recall…you do AK often…so NVM my opinion…🙃

Yep.  Thanks.  We've done AK on Encore and Pearl (four times total), and have Bliss, Sun, Joy and Encore booked in the future.  I recently sailed Joy in NE.  As long as I make it onto an AK cruise I'm good.  The rest is "details." 😎

• Like 1

We are on the Bliss actually. Thought about prio Pass, but decided to go without.

Very good decision. 

From arrival at port, luggage drop of to the first drink on the ships bar was less than 30 min. (Arrival 11:50:am).

We are in Mini Club suite, ive to say: small...all other normal balkony stateroom on p.e. X are bigger.

Not one single drawer at the room....storage very limited for a 16day cruise.

No FAS+ wine offering at the buffet restaurant

More one a separate post.....

12 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

We sailed on the Bliss last year and I found the bar in the Buffet by accident. It's on the very end of the Buffet and can't be seen unless you walk all the way back past the food stations. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

We are on the Bliss actually. Thought about prio Pass, but decided to go without.

Very good decision. 

From arrival at port, luggage drop of to the first drink on the ships bar was less than 30 min. (Arrival 11:50:am).

We are in Mini Club suite, ive to say: small...all other normal balkony stateroom on p.e. X are bigger.

Not one single drawer at the room....storage very limited for a 16day cruise.

More one a separate post.....

Question: if you are in a mini club suite did you get priority boarding or a separate line anyway? And what is FAS+? 

Thanks!

Edited by SacCaliCruiser

On 12/1/2022 at 5:42 PM, SuzieQ521 said:

Thanks for the great review.! We board Bliss in mid-January for the 5 day Mexican Riviera. Sorry in advance for the following questions, LOL:

1) Priority Access: Per New2 Cruise2022's link above, it says it includes complimentary daily room service breakfast...is this beyond the continental breakfast that's free anyway? How long was embarkation for you with this priority access? We have a 4 year old and the shorter we stand in line, the better!

2) I know you said you have teens but did you see many preschool-age kids? We are going mid-January so I assume there would be less than Thanksgiving time but I am hoping our son could do the Splash Academy.

3) Was your ship close to capacity? I know you said it did not feel crowded. Debating about buying the unlimited Starbucks plan but wanted to avoid the super long lines that might come with it.

4) Did you do a NCL sponsored excursion in Cabo? I was looking at the independent companies for whale watching but it was hard to find something that fits the timeframe we are in port for, after accounting for tender time.

5) Did your kids go to the Arcade? Do you know about how much the games were?

Was it warm enough to use any of the water activities/pool?

Thanks so much!!!

Sorry I didn’t answer no. 1 fully - embarkation with priority was about 30 minutes from dropping our bags with a porter to stepping on board the ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rhapsodybluezz said:

We sailed on the Bliss last year and I found the bar in the Buffet by accident. It's on the very end of the Buffet and can't be seen unless you walk all the way back past the food stations. 

We also learned that you can ask the buffet staff (the ones who are clearing tables and roaming) for a glass of wine, cocktail or soda from the bar. You give them your room keycard and they’ll bring it back with your drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SacCaliCruiser said:

We also learned that you can ask the buffet staff (the ones who are clearing tables and roaming) for a glass of wine, cocktail or soda from the bar. You give them your room keycard and they’ll bring it back with your drink.

What a great tip. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yes, there is a bar in the Garden Cafe all the way forward…and if you ever need Gatorade, they sell it there by the can.

No, it's not all the way forward.  It's in the same location as on other breakaway-plus ships.  The link I posted clearly shows this.  Just click on the little camera icon and you'll see the bar.  The other poster claimed that the bar was at the very end of the buffet, after the food.  I'm guessing you meant that the buffet was "all the way forward?"

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

No, it's not all the way forward.  It's in the same location as on other breakaway-plus ships.  The link I posted clearly shows this.  Just click on the little camera icon and you'll see the bar.  The other poster claimed that the bar was at the very end of the buffet, after the food.  I'm guessing you meant that the buffet was "all the way forward?"

The buffet is all the way forward, and the bar is at the very far forward after the food stations.

F36CDC7B-9FFA-4819-BC47-F4090E150228.png

0CDB769B-A1CD-41D5-BE48-8C11CB222C1C.jpeg

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 5:42 PM, SuzieQ521 said:

Thanks for the great review.! We board Bliss in mid-January for the 5 day Mexican Riviera. Sorry in advance for the following questions, LOL:

1) Priority Access: Per New2 Cruise2022's link above, it says it includes complimentary daily room service breakfast...is this beyond the continental breakfast that's free anyway? How long was embarkation for you with this priority access? We have a 4 year old and the shorter we stand in line, the better!

2) I know you said you have teens but did you see many preschool-age kids? We are going mid-January so I assume there would be less than Thanksgiving time but I am hoping our son could do the Splash Academy.

3) Was your ship close to capacity? I know you said it did not feel crowded. Debating about buying the unlimited Starbucks plan but wanted to avoid the super long lines that might come with it.

4) Did you do a NCL sponsored excursion in Cabo? I was looking at the independent companies for whale watching but it was hard to find something that fits the timeframe we are in port for, after accounting for tender time.

5) Did your kids go to the Arcade? Do you know about how much the games were?

Was it warm enough to use any of the water activities/pool?

Thanks so much!!!

I won't book an excursion off the Ship. Have you ever seen the "Pier Runner" YouTubes ? 😀 

We have taken 1 cruise so far and looking for forward to our next Mexican Riviera Cruise in Nov. 23.

On that first cruise (on the Joy) we booked a Zip Zine adventure in Puerto Vallarta from the Ship. Well, we we're late getting back. They rushed us directly onto the Ship, no screening ect. They closed the doors right after we boarded. We went to get a drink and watch our departure. We hear so much chatter about passengers left behind. We saw a few passengers waving as we sailed away. Heard we left 11 passengers behind. 😲

We will book all are excursions from the Bliss,  just for the fact that the Ship will wait for you if the excursion runs late.

On 12/2/2022 at 4:42 PM, SacCaliCruiser said:

I’m sorry we did not actually order breakfast room service so I don’t know. It’s the one perk we didn’t use  

I'm wondering if this is the Complementary breakfast they provide w/ NO Service charge?🤔 

Screenshot_20221205_145318_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20221205_145348_Brave.jpg

Edited by MtnGolf4