Live and Almost Live from Celebrity Reflection - Dec 4 -11, 2022

BlerkOne

On 12/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, BlerkOne said:

Thank you. No outlet near the bed that I see in this cabin. You would need an extension cord to the desk area on the other side of the room.

I’ll pass this along. My friend also used a Cpap. It seems really odd they wouldn’t have outlets near the bed. 

On 12/10/2022 at 5:04 PM, BlerkOne said:

I'm signed up for ship transportation and have left it to Celebrity to tell me what time to be where to catch a morning flight. For $17, it seems like a bargain.

How did you sign up for this? I have an 11:15 am flight so would like to disembark myself and be off to the airport as fast as possible.

Also, any way to get menus of the Main dining room menus?

Loving all the pics, thank you.

5 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

How did you sign up for this? I have an 11:15 am flight so would like to disembark myself and be off to the airport as fast as possible.

Also, any way to get menus of the Main dining room menus?

Loving all the pics, thank you.

About mid-cruise they requested people to provide their disembarkation plans. I provided my flight details, selected ship transportation, and they chose my exit time and luggage tag numbers. It was all pretty easy. I think 11:30am is their earliest recommended flight, but I would have made an 11:15 flight, and I wasn't in the first group to the airport.

I have assorted scans, pictures, etc of the menus and will try to make some sense of them.

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:35 AM, BlerkOne said:

Well crapolla, they closed stingray city - it doesn't seem rough to me. Oh well. Worst part is wasted a couple of hours tendering to shore, back to the ship to dump snorkel gear etc. Now on tender back to shore. Think plan B might be the turtle farm. Or maybe a turtle burger. 🙂

It was a combo of high tide and the rough seas on the back of the island. It was much calmer where we docked

6 hours ago, gold1953 said:

It was a combo of high tide and the rough seas on the back of the island. It was much calmer where we docked

Yes. and it got worse. I went to the turtle farm not that far from the sandbar and could see the seas were windy and rough. It isn't unheard of for ships to miss Grand Cayman entirely.

1 hour ago, luv2camp04 said:

Cool!!  I haven't been on an S Class ship is quite awhile.  Love that drink.  I wish they had it on the M class ships.  Hope you enjoyed it!!

It was interesting - one might be enough. I'll need to work my way through the menu next time.

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes. and it got worse. I went to the turtle farm not that far from the sandbar and could see the seas were windy and rough. It isn't unheard of for ships to miss Grand Cayman entirely.

Also, there are times when there are currents underneath the water that make things impossible even if the surface looks calm and the weather is clear and calm. It's really difficult for the crew to explain to passengers whose excursions, etc. are affected by unseeable currents on "calm and clear" days.(I know it can be a major issue with Disney's private island as they have a narrow channel to get to the dock and it can be very current-y below the surface even though it's "a beautiful day" outside.)

Hi, Menu looks great. Would it be okay to order - I am always hungry 🙄 - two appetizers and one entree? Or just each  course once?

Thanks .

And I love your journey. Thanks for reporting. 🤗

Edited by loecki1976

23 minutes ago, loecki1976 said:

Hi, Menu looks great. Would it be okay to order - I am always hungry 🙄 - two appetizers and one entree? Or just each  course once?

Thanks .

And I love your journey. Thanks for reporting. 🤗

I have the other menus in assorted formats. I often would get two appetizers and two entrees. or two desserts. Not sure if I did a trifecta, but I'm sure it would be okay. I would encourage them to bring them two at a time.