Elite Drinks

baldilocks

32 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On our next cruise , basic cruise price was $1666 CAD , taxes in, for 2 in a balcony , with 3 perks , with taxes in it is $4200 CAD so we decided no package and just use our Elite perks 

In November, I basically stop drinking coffee and May only drink 1-2 a week now , one day I made a pot of coffee , trying to use up coffee grinds, boy did I ever feel weird ,🥴 so even going to Bacio for coffee will not be missed 

I am fine will Club Soda , compared to bubble water 😁

Smart move. I find the Elite benefits give me all the alcohol I can consume in a day. On my recent Ascent cruise I spent some time in the onboard jewelry shop got to know 2 of the nice men working there and they invited me to their Premium wine and food pairing at no charge at a private venue. It was excellent much better than the World wine tour I paid for with crappy wines all from basic package. I suspect the private tasting was compliments of Effy jewellery which I did purchase a lovely piece and thrilled with it. Life is short. 😆 💍

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Most people who purchase a drink package usually drop it once they reach Elite status. I like to drink San Pellegrino but now I just take a case onboard with me. 

Ha

Not everyone who is Elite will bother with the crappy wine selection offered!

Never cruise without the premium pkg and always bring a couple of bottles from home.

Life is too short to drink low quality wines just because they are complimentary.

Same goes for any complimentary bottles in the stateroom...we politely ask for it to be removed.

Cheers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, highway180 said:

Ha

Never cruise without the premium pkg and always bring a couple of bottles from home.

Life is too short to drink low quality wines just because they are complimentary.

Same goes for any complimentary bottles in the stateroom...we politely ask for it to be removed.

Cheers

Agree, that skimpy menu of cheap booze doesn’t appeal to me at all..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Smart move. I find the Elite benefits give me all the alcohol I can consume in a day. On my recent Ascent cruise I spent some time in the onboard jewelry shop got to know 2 of the nice men working there and they invited me to their Premium wine and food pairing at no charge at a private venue. It was excellent much better than the World wine tour I paid for with crappy wines all from basic package. I suspect the private tasting was compliments of Effy jewellery which I did purchase a lovely piece and thrilled with it. Life is short. 😆 💍

I did price out the classic package for 12 nights and it was $1608 CAD for 2 people at 50% off

That is like 100 drinks 

I don’t thing I drink that many alcoholic drinks in 6 months now 🤣

5 minutes ago, highway180 said:

Ha

Cheers

My CVP and I guess celebrity gifted me 2 bottles of wine in addition I brought 1 onboard.  A couple days into the cruise I had an issue won't go into detail but I did inform GR and the next afternoon 2 more bottles arrived. It was a 13 night TA so drank 3 bottles and brought 2 home.  They kept my wine for me in the MDR. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:32 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On our last RCL cruise the Diamond lounge was not very nice, well the whole ship need a major make over 

You don't like RCI as you always have negatives about it. There are times we don't like Celebrity, too. However, we don't make a big issue of it. 

Cruise Celebrity and we will cruise both Celebrity and RCI. Happy Cruising!

27 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You don't like RCI as you always have negatives about it. There are times we don't like Celebrity, too. However, we don't make a big issue of it. 

Cruise Celebrity and we will cruise both Celebrity and RCI. Happy Cruising!

The Diamond lounge was just minor thing that was wrong with the cruise 🤣

There was so much more 😉😁

15 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The Diamond lounge was just minor thing that was wrong with the cruise 🤣

There was so much more 😉😁

Glad you have a choice. I will evaluate Beyond this July and give me my opinion of it. 

23 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I did price out the classic package for 12 nights and it was $1608 CAD for 2 people at 50% off

That is like 100 drinks 

I don’t thing I drink that many alcoholic drinks in 6 months now 🤣

Looks like about 65 Canadian per day per person ,I have no idea how that converts to USD,  that would be 4 or so nice drinks a day, not counting any non alcoholic drinks, water, coffee, energy drinks etc…those add up too..

That said, the swill in the buffet crocks may suit you just fine. 🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Looks like someone thinks they are better than everyone else 😉🤣

Not really…I just like math problems. 🙂  What is the conversion rate these days? 

Edited by PTC DAWG

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Not really…I just like math problems. 🙂  What is the conversion rate these days? 

1 USD is approximately 1.385 Canadian at least that's where I purchase it from.  I have card with no FX fees and the rate when  it hit my bank was just under 1.37 but it was a very large purchase so I was quite happy.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

1 USD is approximately 1.385 Canadian at least that's where I purchase it from.  I have card with no FX fees and the rate when  it hit my bank was just under 1.37 but it was a very large purchase so I was quite happy.

The interbank rate today is 1.3669.  Last time I remember checking it was around 1.25.

Time to visit Canada.  😁 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 12:52 AM, cruisestitch said:

Here’s the menu — it says sodas, juices, bottled waters

IMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.6c70aa464a61684b7ba2a7a50567707f.jpeg

Would they make any of those cocktails as “mocktails” for those who want a nonalcoholic version?

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

nonalcoholic cosmopolitan is just cranberry juice

That's not true. With a little creativity you can make some fabulous mocktails. Try rimming your martini glass in a Cosmo rimmer add some cranberry juice, oj, fresh lime juice and a splash of soda or perrier. Top with fresh cranberries and a slice of lime. I've made it for people who don't drink and it's delicious. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1