Which Spanish Transatlantic to choose?

I am torn between 2 itineraries:

Symphony of the Seas WB TA Oct 2023 , Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale 14nts visiting Malaga, Cadiz, Nassau

Oasis of the Seas EB TA April 2024, Miami to Barcelona 14nts visiting Malaga, Alicante, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca

Do I choose a newer ship for less interesting ports or older ship for a greater variety of ports?  

I don't know much about the Spanish ports but are they all worth visiting?

Both are approximately the same price for the cabin I am considering

Oasis ports are much more interesting. We have all been to Nassau many times.  All of those Spanish ports are very good.

West bound is usually easier to tolerate than east bound (point for Symphony)

I would take Oasis because of the ports.  But Symphony if you are really bothered by losing so many hours on the crossing.

I prefer westbound TAs because you have a lot of activity at the beginning and can relax on the second half of the cruise.  And you gain hours rather than losing them.  And you end up in the USA and don't have the long flight home.

Edited by basenji56
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, basenji56 said:

Oasis ports are much more interesting. We have all been to Nassau many times.

West bound is usually easier to tolerate than east bound (point for Symphony)

I would take Oasis because of the ports.  But Symphony if you are really bothered by losing so many hours on the crossing.

Eastbound you lose hours during the cruise.  Westbound you gain hours.  Having done 7 westbound and one east bound, my vote is west. My personal choice. 

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Eastbound you lose hours during the cruise.  Westbound you gain hours.  Having done 7 westbound and one east bound, my vote is west. My personal choice. 

Yes, definitely.  But the difference in ports (two good ports v. four good ports) is significant enough that I would take the Eastbound on Oasis.  The age of the ships is not a significant factor in my opinion. 

54 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

I am torn between 2 itineraries:

Symphony of the Seas WB TA Oct 2023 , Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale 14nts visiting Malaga, Cadiz, Nassau

Oasis of the Seas EB TA April 2024, Miami to Barcelona 14nts visiting Malaga, Alicante, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca

Do I choose a newer ship for less interesting ports or older ship for a greater variety of ports?  

I don't know much about the Spanish ports but are they all worth visiting?

Both are approximately the same price for the cabin I am considering

According to the Roll Call, you're booked on the Anthem TA in the Spring of 2024.  Is that just a place holder?

19 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

According to the Roll Call, you're booked on the Anthem TA in the Spring of 2024.  Is that just a place holder?

Yes I will most likely choose between these 2 now rather than the Anthem...Oasis class seems to have more activities I'd enjoy

51 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

Yes I will most likely choose between these 2 now rather than the Anthem...Oasis class seems to have more activities I'd enjoy

You will have 6 one hour time changes. We have done both and Westbound is our choice.  We have done six TA's, four on Oasis class. 2018 on Symphony was our best yet.  We just finished a 10 night TP on Quantum, the most boring ship I have been on in many years. Quantum seemed small and their version of the promenade sucks, Vintages was outstanding.  Be aware that on those TA routes the sun never makes a visit to the port side on Eastbound or starboard side on Westbound. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Be aware that on those TA routes the sun never makes a visit to the port side on Eastbound or starboard side on Westbound. 

For someone like me (who hates the sun and likes to use the balcony all day), that's not a bug, it's a feature.  

• Like 1