Excursion discount

MarkusToe

Is the 2×50US discount at FAS+ package valid upfront cruise only?

I'v canceled a upfront booked excursion and booked a new (more expensive) on the ship.

They refunded the old in total and charged the new full.....but additionally they charged 2×50 bucks extra....  

when you book an excursion online before the cruise, they reduce the price of the excursion by 50 dollars. if excursion was 125 dollars and you have the the 50 dollar credit your payment method will only be charged 75 dollars

onboard the ship if you need to cancel that excursion, they will refund you the full amount you paid which is 75 dollars 

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

Is the 2×50US discount at FAS+ package valid upfront cruise only?

I'v canceled a upfront booked excursion and booked a new (more expensive) on the ship.

They refunded the old in total and charged the new full.....but additionally they charged 2×50 bucks extra....  

This doesn’t make any sense. Did you pay the full amount plus $100?  Did you point out to the excursion desk that you were entitled to $50 per person off the cost?  By chance did you book the excursion for the 3rd and 4th passenger in the cabin?  We really need more information to give you a good answer. 

They've done it a little differently on different ships but overall, they've refunded the list price of the excursion, less any latitudes discount, then charged $50 to recoup the FAS discount. So the refund you got + the $50 charges should net what you actually paid.

Then charged for the new excursion, less any latitudes discount ( you have to ask for that, it's not automatic). The $50 FAS discount will come off overnight, after you've taken the excursion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

No, ive got the full amount from canceled excursion back. Ive paid 2x50 less. Therefore they charged the 2x50 i've not paid, so far so clear ....

But they charged the new excursion in full.

No discount given (Pax 1

+2)

Julig: thats the missing link

Edited by MarkusToe

1 minute ago, MarkusToe said:

No, ive got the full amount from canceled excursion back. Ive paid 2x50 less. Therefore they charged the 2x50 i've not paid, so far so clear ....

But they charged the new excursion in full.

No discount given (Pax 1

+2)

Have you actually taken the excursion that you booked on the ship yet?  The discount will not be applied until the excursion is completed.  I think I saw my discount the next day.

• Like 1

Double-check your account.  When we booked excursions onboard, the excursion was charged at full price and then the evening after we completed it, I received a $50 CREDIT to cover the FAS excursion benefit.  Since you have FAS+ which gives you the excursion credit for everyone in the stateroom, I suspect that the two $50 charges for the excursion you booked onboard are actually credits (or at least should be).  If they are indeed charges, you should be able to bring that to the attention of guest services and get it corrected.

• Like 1