Finding Folks on My Cruise

in2up2

I just booked my first ever solo cruise - January 23 on the Summit.  Went over to Roll Call and was really surprised that I could not find a roll call for a cruise that is only 7 weeks away.  Looking at the number of posts on most Summit roll calls, it looks like traffic has really dropped off since pre-Covid days, when I last cruised.  Part of that may be that the short Summit cruises out of Miami may not draw the usual frequent cruise crowd.  But where else do people find groups posting for a cruise besides here on Cruise Critic?  I looked on FB, and found a solo cruise group for X with one other passenger on my cruise, but no dedicated group there either.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, in2up2 said:

I just booked my first ever solo cruise - January 23 on the Summit.  Went over to Roll Call and was really surprised that I could not find a roll call for a cruise that is only 7 weeks away.  Looking at the number of posts on most Summit roll calls, it looks like traffic has really dropped off since pre-Covid days, when I last cruised.  Part of that may be that the short Summit cruises out of Miami may not draw the usual frequent cruise crowd.  But where else do people find groups posting for a cruise besides here on Cruise Critic?  I looked on FB, and found a solo cruise group for X with one other passenger on my cruise, but no dedicated group there either.

Thoughts?

Try the regular fb group and post you are a solo cruiser.  There may be others like you.

Sometimes quiet roll calls seem to disappear, but they are actually still there. Try typing the name of your ship and date of cruise into the search box and a roll call for your cruise might pop up. Once you post on that thread it will show back up on the main roll call thread.