Onboard account charges - paying for HSC only

Infi

I've invited someone to join me on my next cruise and am wondering how to work out our onboard accounts. Because the cruise is a gift, I'd like to cover their HSC charges on my account, and they would like to pay for their own incidentals onboard (drinks etc.). Is there any way I can set up this arrangement, either pre-cruise or onboard? In the past I've shared an account with family where one person was responsible for all the charges on both of our accounts, but I didn't know if one account could cover only the HSC for another guest. Any guidance is much appreciated. 

I did something similar but it was on RCCL.   I took my children and was able to prepay tips before cruising.  That way anything on their account was their personal purchases.

Edited by pedirn
  • Like 1

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I would prefer not to pre-pay the HSC because I have a large amount of OBC on my own account (shareholder etc.) that I'd like to use to pay for the HSC for the both of us. Otherwise, I would just pre-pay the HSC and call it a day, so hoping for advice for this scenario. 

I dont think they can split responsible cards on statement accounts but you may ask when you get onboard what the daily HSC will be and then see if you can transfer that same amount (don't have to say what it's for) and maybe it will deduct from your OBC statement. But since OBC is for named passenger and not transferable, it's a tricky process. 

Another option is to have everything come out of your account and get reimbursed from your guest at the end for any charges above HSC. 

• Like 2

The only way you would be able to do this is buy your friend OBC.  Based on your precious post it looks like that is not an option because you already have allot of OBC.

Putting payment on one credit card is a mess, I just did it with my father because he never spends money on a cruise, just HSC fees.  As Murthy’s laws he had some additional fees and credit.  While on the cruise they separated the statement.  At the end they combined them both because we just used my credit card.

sure hope something works out for you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas, all. I wish there was an easy way to accomplish this, but it doesn't sound like it. I will try the OBC transfer first, and if that doesn't work, I'll just put everything on my credit card and try the reimbursement route. 

I was thinking of calling HAL but am not sure if this is more of a ship question due the fact that it concerns onboard accounts or if Seattle will be equipped to answer it. 

9 minutes ago, Infi said:

I was thinking of calling HAL but am not sure if this is more of a ship question due the fact that it concerns onboard accounts or if Seattle will be equipped to answer it. 

The reps on the ship can, and often do, accomplish things that Seattle says can't happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OVgirl said:

You might be able to go to guest services on the last night and pay your friend's portion with their credit card. Then let the rest go through yours. 

That is easily done and likely the best way.  I often pay our single bill on separate cards.  

• Like 1