Currently on Caribbean Princes 12/8-12/18 Panama Canal sailing

AtlantaCruiser72

1 hour ago, Raze said:

How exciting!  We are going in a couple of weeks and just planned this excursion.  How long did you have to wait in Colon for the ship to arrive?

The ship was waiting for us as it arrived to Colon at around 6pm. The canal tour group were the last back (3 buses) and we departed late at about 9pm as a result. There was a jackknifed tractor trailer on the highway between Panama City and Colon that delayed the return of the first two buses by about 35-40 minutes and the third bus by about 90 minutes. Were it not for that we would have still been last back to ship

due to the late departure from Colon we missed our 7am docking slot in Limon and instead had to wait for an Aida ship to dock at 8 before we were cleared to dock at 9. Princess did a great job of relaying changed/delayed excursions to guests.  There were 2 excursions completely cancelled in Limon due to the late arrival

Flexibility is VERY important for both Canal day and Limon due to the uncertainty around canal transit times and tours in Panama. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/10/2022 at 5:28 PM, SargassoPirate said:

Which genius whiz kid dreamed this one up?  Eliminate perks but spend money on gizmos?

Princess is not the only one. We took our first cruise on HAL in May and we had the motion sensor lights in our cabin. I was looking forward to NOT having them on our upcoming cruise on the Sapphire.

3 hours ago, mjmalino said:

Princess is not the only one. We took our first cruise on HAL in May and we had the motion sensor lights in our cabin. I was looking forward to NOT having them on our upcoming cruise on the Sapphire.

A small roll of duct tape is standard in my travel tool kit and because of the info here I've added a small roll of blue painters tape.  I took a shorty pencil and wound some blue tape around it.

• Like 1

Atlantacruiser72,

Thanks for all the great information here. I am on the January 7th CB Panama Canal cruise.

You mentioned new motion sensor lamps in your Stateroom.  Did the new lights  by any chance add USB charging ports?  I've read there is only one 110 electric plug available in the room and no USB ports.  Is that true?

Thanks for your help.  Sorry if you already answered this.  I missed it.

Happy Holidays and a healthy and a Happy Cruising New Year!

-Cruz42NJ