The Case of the Disappearing Dining Reservations

Travelling2Some

I always make our specialty dining reservations in advance as soon as the window opens up.  They clearly appear in my cruise summary before we sail.  However, on my last 3 cruises when we show up at our first reserved specialty restaurant they have NO record of any of the reservations I made.  I have learned to always bring the print out showing that we DO, in fact, have a reservation and they seat us without an issue and fix the other reservations in the system.  But what the heck???  Are others experiencing this?  This only happens on NCL and it is consistent.  It's odd.

All I can say is that Royal Caribbean's  IT is much worse overall BUT they do appear able to hold onto dining reservations, lol.  They have always seated us when I proved in writing that I had a reservation but, since this was (at least) the third cruise this has happened on, I was curious if it is an  "NCL thing" or a personal vendetta, lol.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

However, on my last 3 cruises when we show up at our first reserved specialty restaurant they have NO record of any of the reservations I made. 

That is really strange.  Do you generally make a specialty dining reservation for the first night of the cruise?

11 minutes ago, JennKach said:

I had mine not show in the app schedule or the TV while onboard, but they were still valid in NCL's system. 

i noticed my reservation only shows on the TV or app on the day of the reservation. it will never appear in advance

Any dining reservations - best to check first thing on boarding at the Dining Reservations

desk or the remote location with several crew people manning the system.

Verify your reservations or make changes additions as necessary and get the

printed receipt showing same. Teppanyaki is one of the most popular and difficult

restaurant to get reservations exactly when you want them. 

• Thanks 1

We will be on the Bliss next month and I am going to verify our dining reservations when we board just to be safe.  I always bring the summary print out as proof.  Interesting that others have had the opposite happen in that their reservations did exist yet they could not see them in advance.  I always make all travel arrangements for both myself and my husband using my own account. 

However, we did have weird things happen to several of our cruises after the husband messed around with the NCL app one day.  Since he didn't know his Latitudes number (or even what a Latitudes number is) he went ahead and got himself a brand new one, resulting in the loss of his Platinum status and many emails demanding mysterious small sums of money (turned out to be lost discounts on booked items).  Took a while to sort things out!  (Husband has solemnly promised to mind his own business going forward!!!)

13 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL.com had a glitch with traveling companion's Lattitudes account numbers recently.  Are you making the dinner reservations under the same account that you booked the cruise under or another person's account who is on the reservation?

• Haha 1