LIVE: Ruby Princess Dec 18-29 Western Caribbean/Mexico

ceilidh1

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for your extremely detailed posts.

We're also be on the Ruby in a few weeks, also on same Deck 8 Emerald deck in obstructed oceanview.  But in front of ship above the theater.

Such a great price, only a little more than inside cabin.

Looking to bid to upgrade to balcony, but then won't have our group of all 7 cabins in a row then.

We're all green also, but how early were you able to check-in & get boarding time, ie: 11 am...?

Thanks,

We got to port at 10am. Doors opens 10:30am. We were onboard just after 11am! No one ever asked our arrival group!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Just found this! Looking forward to following along. So sorry Galveston didn't treat you well. It's our homeport, but we always drive there, and that's a completely different experience. Hope the rest of your cruise makes up for it!

Oh we enjoyed Galveston! It was just a shock that everything was so far! Not the fault of Galveston - I should have done better research!

• Like 2

Could you please post the wine menus? Especially interested in what reds are offered in Vines and would love to see any others like Crown Grill or Fusion Club, etc.  Posts of the wine menus from last summer are plentiful, but we would love to see what will be offered on the cruises out of Galveston.  Thanks!

I just got off the Ruby on your embarkation day. I was on the December 2 full transit out of San Francisco. I had no expectations but truly enjoyed the sailing. Your cruise director has just joined the ship as Aaron left on the 18th, as well as the Hotel Manager Michael. What really set this voyage apart was the entertainment staff. They were so fully engaged with the guests. So many opportunities to interact. This made for a very happy ship. Yes, elevators were slow and some app orders took way too long. There were seriously rough seas in and out of Cartagena. But everyone seemed genuinely happy to be aboard. And can I say that the Jenga competition and its rematch were just epic. Guests won both, I'm proud to attest!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JeffandMelissa said:

What dining room was open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thank you!

11 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Da Vinci

It is always the one with Club Class section and always open embarkation days, plus sea days.  The same DR is open for breakfast as well.  On some ships, CC section has been moved to Deck 5.  Regardless, always a mid-ship DR.  It is always listed in the embarkation Patter as well.

After dinner last night we watched karaoke and then went to sky walkers to listen to 80s hits. Got back to the room and the minibar had arrived ! I had requested all beer for the alcohol so can’t say what the usual set up is now! A wonderful end to a great day!

Apologies if some of my posts have come across as negative/ complaining- there have been some teething problems but nothing major and we are having a blast!

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

After dinner last night we watched karaoke and then went to sky walkers to listen to 80s hits. Got back to the room and the minibar had arrived ! I had requested all beer for the alcohol so can’t say what the usual set up is now! A wonderful end to a great day!

Apologies if some of my posts have come across as negative/ complaining- there have been some teething problems but nothing major and we are having a blast!

Can you please tell me when cabin service starts in the morning? Maybe a photo of the times available and what items?

We are early risers and always have our coffee and croissants on the balcony before heading to breakfast....or skipping that meal sometimes.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4
edit

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Can you please tell me when cabin service starts in the morning? Maybe a photo of the times available and what items?

We are early risers and always have our coffee and croissants on the balcony before heading to breakfast....or skipping that meal sometimes.

Doug

0DC221B9-09C6-4550-AE22-E8942F76C83E.jpeg

• Like 5