Price Drop

100cruisesorbust

Had a quick question - booked Eurodam in 12/2023 over the Black Friday sale and notice today that their current sale for my booking is the same price but now has 300 on board credit which I didn't have.  I thought I could call and just get the new deal since outside of final payment and they said I would have to cancel the current booking and rebook?  This seems really backwards and a lot more paperwork for Holland America.  Am I missing something?  Thanks 

6 minutes ago, 100cruisesorbust said:

Had a quick question - booked Eurodam in 12/2023 over the Black Friday sale and notice today that their current sale for my booking is the same price but now has 300 on board credit which I didn't have.  I thought I could call and just get the new deal since outside of final payment and they said I would have to cancel the current booking and rebook?  This seems really backwards and a lot more paperwork for Holland America.  Am I missing something?  Thanks 

Well - if I were you I would ask them to cancel and rebook you then. When this has happened to us in the past, they just added whatever the extra OBC without cancelling and rebooking.

Maybe a newbie ?

38 minutes ago, 100cruisesorbust said:

This is the typical way of doing this.  If you call, cancel and rebook right then you should be fine.  If you have a TA, have them do it.  I've done it with mine and actually just did it a couple days ago for a cruise next fall.

Linda R.

11 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

Did you get Crew Appreciation with your Black Friday sale?  If so, that will probably go away if you rebook?  Make sure this is a better sale before you change.

Oh you know I completely forgot about that.  Not used to going with Holland America I am used to all that being built into the price - thanks.

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

This is the typical way of doing this.  If you call, cancel and rebook right then you should be fine.  If you have a TA, have them do it.  I've done it with mine and actually just did it a couple days ago for a cruise next fall.

Linda R.

Thanks - I just never had seen it before where you have to start over....felt like I had someone that didn't know what they were doing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 100cruisesorbust said:

Oh you know I completely forgot about that.  Not used to going with Holland America I am used to all that being built into the price - thanks.

Even if you/they call it a re-fare, it is essentially a cancel+re-book, and therefore means losing what ever was the promo then for the new fare and whatever is the new promo. And requires a refundable deposit; if non-refundable then you would also lose that!

• Like 1