Great flights from NCL on our upcoming cruise!

v3cruiser

Just had to put some positivity out there and thank Norwegian for awesome flights for our upcoming panama cruise out of panama city! I booked longed ago and kept my fingers crossed.  Ironically i was looking at the same flights a few nights before we received our flight confirmation as i was getting jitters because there were some bad flights out there with long layovers and good flights with higher prices.  I could not have done better purchasing on my own nor would I want to pay what some of the airfare is going for per person for this trip for some of the better flights. It is nice NCL has connections with airlines to make things work out. Looking forward to finally being on a cruise ship again late February and spending some time in panama city!

• Like 5

Leaving on NCL Star January 1st our trip of Santiago, Chili. BOGO fare is  direct flight from Atlanta to Santiago and return on the 15th from buenos Aries is direct flight to atlanta. Could not ask for a better series of flights.

• Like 4

We also got great flights, early AM same day of cruise and early afternoon day of return. I booked our cruise under 75 days so I couldn't get the deviation. Fingers crossed all goes well.  If I had booked this myself the cost would have been a thousand dollars more! 

• Like 1

I have a cruise in Feb ( Dubai-Athens) with air from Los Angeles.  I got an email yesterday stating that I won get my air confirmation until 30 days out.  I actually contacted NCL Premium Air a few months back and asked if I can pay extra to get the only non stop flight from Los Angeles to Dubai.  Maybe that's why I won't know anything until 30 days out.  Fingers crossed!!!

We would’ve had excellent flights if we were flying out of Panama the day after disembarking.  They booked us on a flight out of Panama at 10 a.m. the same day we get off the ship.  There is no way we are going to make that flight😡

6 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

We would’ve had excellent flights if we were flying out of Panama the day after disembarking.  They booked us on a flight out of Panama at 10 a.m. the same day we get off the ship.  There is no way we are going to make that flight😡

What time does the ship get in? Assuming it's in early at 6am, you would be in the first group off with NCL transfers and at the airport by 8am-ish. They wouldn't book you on a flight they didn't think you would make, as they'll be the ones dealing with the angry phone calls and having to reschedule things last minute if you don't make it.

Sometimes NCL can't win. My flight is so late in the day.... My flight is so early in the day.... I get in so late... I get in so early....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I have a cruise in Feb ( Dubai-Athens) with air from Los Angeles.  I got an email yesterday stating that I won get my air confirmation until 30 days out.  I actually contacted NCL Premium Air a few months back and asked if I can pay extra to get the only non stop flight from Los Angeles to Dubai.  Maybe that's why I won't know anything until 30 days out.  Fingers crossed!!!

Pretty standard to send out the "we're running behind" email to everyone somewhere about day 60. 

As to requesting a non-stop flight, that just isn't the way it works, unless you contract with premium air in the first place and pay the full fare.

But maybe you'll get lucky.

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

What time does the ship get in? Assuming it's in early at 6am, you would be in the first group off with NCL transfers and at the airport by 8am-ish. They wouldn't book you on a flight they didn't think you would make, as they'll be the ones dealing with the angry phone calls and having to reschedule things last minute if you don't make it.

Sometimes NCL can't win. My flight is so late in the day.... My flight is so early in the day.... I get in so late... I get in so early....

Our ship starts disembarking after 7 and the airport is an hour away.  That’s assuming there are no issues with the ship being cleared by immigration.  NCL states on their webpage to be at the airport 4 hours prior to an international flight - we won’t be off the ship 4 hours prior.  My TA is trying to make them change the flight as it goes against their own guidelines.  I wouldn’t care if my flight was early or late as long as it was possible to make - this flight is not possible🙄

Edited by jtdlmc

My upcoming trip looks great on paper, it will be up to the airlines to make it happen. Since I'm not a fan of running through the airport to catch my next flight, I'm very happy to see 4hr layovers. Only "tight" connection is in Newark (2:45) where I have to clear customs - but that's why I have Global Entry.

According to the invoice, NCL paid almost $1,800 for my ticket, 3x what I paid.  Who knows what I would have had to pay.

I've used NCL for a number of cruises and they've done a good job.  Was everything perfect - no.  But the majority of my flight hickups have been with flights I've booked, not the NCL ones.

• Like 1

Never in my life have I arrived to an airport 4hrs early for an international flight. I'm sure they say that so that if you don't and you miss your flight, they can blame it on you. But that's just ludicrous, especially with so many folks these days having TSA pre-check/global entry/priority boarding options.

Domestic flights we're from our front door of our home to sitting at the gate at the terminal within 45 mins, and that's with a 20 mins Uber to the airport. International we'll give it an extra hour of wiggle room just because anything can happen with traffic and if we miss that flight there isn't many other options to jump onto. But that's just us...

• Thanks 1