Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

19 hours ago, ldpetrillo said:

Was the naming ceremony “live” or was it a tape of the ceremony? In other words, were all the participants actually on the ship Sunday? 

It was live.  All of the participants were on the ship. It was a fascinating experience.  We met and spoke with the coordinator, Fran, and several of the participants.  All lovely people.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PeabodyMa said:

How was the Westin Beach Resort location and room?

It was ok.  The associated restaurant was very good, but the hotel was under construction in the section we were in.  The elevator was out and it was a mess.  The hotel was directly across the street from the beach.  
Our room overlooked the cooling tower, but TBH we were only there to sleep.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

It was ok.  The associated restaurant was very good, but the hotel was under construction in the section we were in.  The elevator was out and it was a mess.  The hotel was directly across the street from the beach.  
Our room overlooked the cooling tower, but TBH we were only there to sleep.

We are on next year's cruise on Sky.  The pre-extension at the Westin Beach Resort was sold out, and it was only one night.  We wanted to go earlier than that.  We looked at the prices at the Westin for  the nights we needed and it was ~$900/night + $42/nt resort fees.  We didn't see any need to spend that much and will be staying elsewere next year.

Just now, mstadleraz said:

I am posting this on both the Roll Call and here. Just attempting to confirm the M&G will be today in the Explorers Lounge at 1700. Please respond if that is the case.

I never saw a firm schedule, so we’ll be there tonight.  Paul and Laura 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruising denise said:

We are on next year's cruise on Sky.  The pre-extension at the Westin Beach Resort was sold out, and it was only one night.  We wanted to go earlier than that.  We looked at the prices at the Westin for  the nights we needed and it was ~$900/night + $42/nt resort fees.  We didn't see any need to spend that much and will be staying elsewere next year.

Yikes!  We didn’t pay anywhere near that, but the place does have a resort fee.  I booked us an extra night because Viking used it as the pre extension hotel, our flight was getting in in the evening and we were meeting friends for dinner before we left.  Luckily I did book to come in earlier as our flight was delayed and had I not booked it, our dinner plans would have been toast.  
We never do extensions, but did this time.  Knowing what I now know, I wouldn’t again, I’d just find another hotel to stay at.  

7 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

Yikes!  We didn’t pay anywhere near that, but the place does have a resort fee.  I booked us an extra night because Viking used it as the pre extension hotel, our flight was getting in in the evening and we were meeting friends for dinner before we left.  Luckily I did book to come in earlier as our flight was delayed and had I not booked it, our dinner plans would have been toast.  
We never do extensions, but did this time.  Knowing what I now know, I wouldn’t again, I’d just find another hotel to stay at.  

We have always done extensions (both pre and post) and generally have been happy with them.  But I agree that this one did not seem like such a great deal.

Just now, Paul73 said:

I never saw a firm schedule, so we’ll be there tonight.  Paul and Laura 

We never saw anything firm posted either but we will certainly be there at 1700 today.

Rick and Mary 

On 1/9/2023 at 12:41 PM, ldpetrillo said:

Was the naming ceremony “live” or was it a tape of the ceremony? In other words, were all the participants actually on the ship Sunday? 

Everyone was on the ship and we got to attend the entire ceremony!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mstadleraz said:

I am posting this on both the Roll Call and here. Just attempting to confirm the M&G will be today in the Explorers Lounge at 1700. Please respond if that is the case.

WoW! We checked both the roll call and the live blog earlier this morning. I guess I just missed your post. I guess we'll have another 117 days too meet and greet our fellow cruisers. Sorry we missed it. 

51 minutes ago, Lenliner said:

To make up the day missed in Santa Barbara we'll be getting an extra night in Honolulu!  ALOHA! 🌊🏝️🌋 

actually this isn’t to make up for Santa Barbara. They’ve canceled the stop in Kauai, and that’s why we are staying an extra day in Honolulu. I’m happy for another day in Honolulu, but super bummed to miss Kauai. 

• Like 2

Just now, BeckySt said:

actually this isn’t to make up for Santa Barbara. They’ve canceled the stop in Kauai, and that’s why we are staying an extra day in Honolulu. I’m happy for another day in Honolulu, but super bummed to miss Kauai. 

We just got delivered an updated list of excursions for Kauai left at our door. Not sure what is going on

1 hour ago, RGfromPA said:

We just got delivered an updated list of excursions for Kauai left at our door. Not sure what is going on

Maybe to Kauai on a different date.
1) Are you arriving in Honolulu on the 14th or 15th?

2) What are the updated excursions?

Would you please share the Kauai updated Excursions with us? Thank you. 

Edited by PeabodyMa

1 hour ago, RGfromPA said:

Are you sure they aren’t updates excursions for Honolulu? The letter specifically said all excursions for Kauai are cancelled and being refunded. 

Just now, PeabodyMa said:

Probably going to Kauai on a different date. What are the updated excursions? Would you please share the Kauai updated Excursions with us? Thank you. 

Kauai has been cancelled because of lack of tour guides and bus drivers. The new list of excursions is for the extra day in Honolulu not Kauai. It is all spelled out in the letter you should have received. I just left the excursion desk and discussed this all with the very helpful lady manning the desk.

Edited by buddrus
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, buddrus said:

Kauai has been cancelled because of lack of tour guides and bus drivers. The new list of excursions is for the extra day in Honolulu not Kauai. It is all spelled out in the letter you should have received.

What are the new list of excursions for Honolulu? I am so very sorry Kauai was cancelled.

Just now, PeabodyMa said:

What are the new list of excursions for Honolulu? I am so very sorry Kauai was cancelled.

They are all listed in the letter you should have received in your room. If you are not on this cruise then it is pretty  much a moot point.

• Thanks 1

For clarity, I was informed by the guest services desk that all of our previously scheduled tours for day 1 in Honolulu were also cancelled and need to be rebooked. Even the included ones. So be sure to rebook for day 1 and get new tickets while also booking for day 2.