Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

Hey Aussies and Kiwis,

I spoke to Casper (Restaurant Manager) this morning and - subject to no other prior bookings - we can have a morning tea at 10.0am on 26 January to celebrate Australia Day.

He was impressed that we had brought our own biscuits and lollies.

I gave him a Anzac biscuit recipe (and some Golden Syrup) and he will be very happy to have a batch made up for us.

AND, he was already familiar with Lamingtons, has a recipe, and will have a batrch made up for us.  He understood what I meant when I asked him to soak the squares in the chocolate sauce for a little longer 😆

Subject to approval from higher authorities, he will put a notice re the morning tea in the Viking Daily.

I will put this notice in the original CC rollcall too.

• Like 8

On 1/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, mstadleraz said:

I am posting this on both the Roll Call and here. Just attempting to confirm the M&G will be today in the Explorers Lounge at 1700. Please respond if that is the case.

ACCKKKK!!!  Just now catching up on the Roll Call. Sorry we missed the M&G!

1 hour ago, Mich3554 said:

But we lose Kauai.  I’m not calling this a win.  

In my opinion, the first rule of world cruising is to expect the unexpected.  Sometimes the losses are very great.  We lost Easter Island,  we will never have a chance to go back.  Kauai, you will be able to visit again fairly easily if it is important to you.  We lost Morocco, but added Portsmouth, and we got to go to Stonehenge, where my husband had never been.  If you sign on to a five month trip, time and tides will change.  It’s not that hard to make lemonade out of these lemons, in my humble opinion.  

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Well,yea, because that would mean we are in Italy!  We will be there again next month!  
Hope you are doing well, and on the next WC!!!

Have some limoncello for me !  I wonder if that is available on the SS package in the Explorer’s Lounge .

We will be in London next month and I am pretty sure your weather will be warmer than mine !  We plan to be on the for the WC in 2024  for the whole trip this time  ( at least from LA) 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vslparis said:

Have some limoncello for me !  I wonder if that is available on the SS package in the Explorer’s Lounge .

We will be in London next month and I am pretty sure your weather will be warmer than mine !  We plan to be on the for the WC in 2024  for the whole trip this time  ( at least from LA) 😉

We will definitely lift a glass to you and toast good health for 2024 WC.  As to weather, we are using Luggage Forward and they want to pick up our bags on Feb. 2 for a Feb.17 sailing.  I can’t even get a 14 day weather report.  Oh, well, layers!!  Have fun in London.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

In my opinion, the first rule of world cruising is to expect the unexpected.  Sometimes the losses are very great.  We lost Easter Island,  we will never have a chance to go back.  Kauai, you will be able to visit again fairly easily if it is important to you.  We lost Morocco, but added Portsmouth, and we got to go to Stonehenge, where my husband had never been.  If you sign on to a five month trip, time and tides will change.  It’s not that hard to make lemonade out of these lemons, in my humble opinion.  

Last year the world cruise missed Hawaii and the entire Asia/southeast Asia portion (including Australia and New Zealand) portions due to Covid restrictions in many of the countries.  They ended up with a completely different itinerary than originally expected and, if you read the blogs, still managed to have a spectacular trip. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

I have dealt with a LOT of unexpected in cruising.  Last year, we lost Alhambra, Morocco, Senegal, 2 stops in Brazil, 2 stops in Argentina and Falklands (a given).  We did make it to 2 new places but it doesn’t mean that I can’t be disappointed in the places we missed.  
I have have been to both islands and I prefer Kauai over Oahu, THAT is my disappointment.

Lord knows I know how to make lemonade, or limoncello  out of lemons.   

Edited by Mich3554
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, KaySuth said:

Hi Deb and Munro,

I'm amazed that we are all on board and haven't connected yet.

I sent you an email re the World Cruise Album.  I don't know how to access/contribute to the live version.

The 22/23 World Cruise Album project is now complete. When Deb & Munro boarded in Istanbul, Deb sent it back to me for the final additions/changes and distribution. The final copy was sent out, to everyone that contributed, in early December.

I have deleted the file, so no longer have access. Therefore, unfortunately I am no longer to make any additions or changes.

• Thanks 1

Hello to all on this year's WC:  Can you tell us 23/24 ppl at what point in the year did Viking post the shore excursions in the calendar format (under My Viking Journey)?  I don't mean when could you book them, but we're hoping it is enough in advance of the booking window that we can spend time reviewing well before we actually go to book them.  I have a PDF copy of this year's but it's a bit hard in list format, the calendar format is so much easier to figure out if you can do 2 in a day, etc.  We've also been looking through the excursions showing up on the World Cruise website (for potential travelers) but those don't show prices, excursion #s, or times so can't be used in case you wanted to book two in a day.  Thanks for any help!

• Like 1