Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

4 hours ago, JaMa1991 said:

For past world cruisers…i’m curious about whether Viking streams the Super Bowl on their big screen.  Packing my Cincinnati Bengals shirt and gear just in case☺️🥳🤞🏻🏈🐅

On the Inaugural WC we only got soccer and cricket.  Lots and lots of cricket.  On the first half of the Ultimate WC they did finally have some NFL games and other US oriented sports.  

4 hours ago, robsav said:

Yep. Last time on the MMT they streamed it . It’s quite popular in OZ so as we are in Geelong I’m sure a pub or even the Sailing club will have it on. The Geelong ‘Cats’ are the reigning Australian rules champions so you would fit right in.👍

Wow!  Sitting in a Geelong Pub watching my Bengals???  Now THAT would be an experience to remember!!  Now we just need to win some games!

Hey Aussies (and Kiwis),

What should we do to celebrate Australia Day?  I packed a skippy and a decent sized Aussie flag, as well as Jaffas and TimTams.  Marina is bringing Iced VoVos and Fantales.  Can you think of anything else to bring?

I brought my Anzac biscuit recipe, along with some Golden Syrup.  I'm hoping that if we ask nicely, the bakery staff might produce a batch for us.

• Like 2

Hello all, a few pics from around the ship.

https://www.viking23.com/2023/01/04/the-viking-neptune/

Also I have uploaded the daily newsletters and added a new link to this post to the top right of the site. I will do my best to upload on a regular basis.

https://www.viking23.com/2023/01/04/the-daily/

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KaySuth said:

Hey Aussies (and Kiwis),

What should we do to celebrate Australia Day?  I packed a skippy and a decent sized Aussie flag, as well as Jaffas and TimTams.  Marina is bringing Iced VoVos and Fantales.  Can you think of anything else to bring?

I brought my Anzac biscuit recipe, along with some Golden Syrup.  I'm hoping that if we ask nicely, the bakery staff might produce a batch for us.

Twisties. Vegemite. And bring some hundreds and thousands to make fairy bread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pushka said:

Twisties - Yes.

I didn't mention Vegemite before, because it's a given that we all travel with Vegemite 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, KaySuth said:

Twisties - Yes.

I didn't mention Vegemite before, because it's a given that we all travel with Vegemite 🤣

I need to learn another foreign language... 🙂

Edited by mstadleraz
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, KaySuth said:

Hey Aussies (and Kiwis),

OMG! Translation?😱😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KaySuth said:

Hey Aussies (and Kiwis)...   I packed a skippy and a decent sized Aussie flag, as well as Jaffas and TimTams.  Marina is bringing Iced VoVos and Fantales.  Can you think of anything else to bring?

I brought my Anzac biscuit recipe, along with some Golden Syrup...

5 hours ago, Pushka said:

1 hour ago, mstadleraz said:

I need to learn another foreign language... 🙂

1 hour ago, FrökenFluff said:

OMG! Translation?😱😂

Skippy... Jaffas... TimTams... Iced VoVos... Fantales... Anzac... Golden Syrup...

Are my suspicions correct that these are items they use Down Under to keep snails and fungus off of the hull of the ship?  

I thought that they spoke English in AU and NZ, but after reading this series of comments, I think I may need to invest in a language translation book.  Maybe there is an app I can install on my iPhone that will help with the translation.  😉

• Haha 7

Yes bring your own Vegemite.. at breakfast a couple of days ago a lady asked if they had it and the poor attendant had a questioning look and really seemed confused…..no they didn’t have it and Im not sure he even knew what it was!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruising denise said:

Just curious - looks like Leon, Nicaragua port was cancelled - wondering why?

Nicaragua is currently having a lot of humanitarian issues. The US has recently implemented many sanctions against them, including banning imports and not allowing any spending that contributes to their economy, if I remember correctly. 

Just now, Floater69 said:

Those on Neptune WC, are there limits on the number of devices on Wifi per stateroom ?

If so, does it vary by stateroom class ?

For DV class it is 2 per stateroom at a time. But you can swap around to different devices 

cheers

daryl