Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

7 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Hope you're all enjoying the Neptune while we're freezing in northern Virginia!  One of the world cruise bloggers (Boone) mentioned that Luggage Forward had opened their bag and removed magnetic hooks.  I didn't see magnets as one of their prohibited items.  Did anyone else have this problem?  With all the recommendations to bring wall magnets,  Laura is wondering whether we need to reorder our magnets and bring them with us to LA.  Thanks and Merry Christmas

Paul

We did not throw our magnetic hooks into that bag, but the ones we brought with us.  After reading the instructions, I decided to play things safe and the luggage we sent only included clothes and shoes.  Everything else was brought on the flight with us, or we bought in a Target run in FL.

The hooks are definitely an advantage, I’d reorder them and bring them with you.  They keep a lot up off the floor.

Luggage Forward did open our luggage.  We received it unlocked, with sand all over the inside.

Edited by Mich3554

13 hours ago, Mcobean said:

Happy Christmas Eve everyone

https://www.viking23.com/2022/12/24/rainy-christmas-eve-in-cozumel/

Cheers

Daryl

We were there this past March and it was a bit drippy and windy as well, but still enjoyed the tour of the ruins.  Who did you have as your guide?  We had Juan and he was excellent!  Also - was the Virgin ship the Scarlet Lady?  We did a short cruise on her in January.  Very different from Viking in about every way, but we had a good time.

1 hour ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

We were there this past March and it was a bit drippy and windy as well, but still enjoyed the tour of the ruins.  Who did you have as your guide?  We had Juan and he was excellent!  Also - was the Virgin ship the Scarlet Lady?  We did a short cruise on her in January.  Very different from Viking in about every way, but we had a good time.

Our guide Patrick was excellent and he pointed out that the rain was actually a good thing as it washed away the dust and we could see shards of pottery and bits of obsidian. A really good first expedition 

yes that was the scarlet lady. I can only imagine how different that would be. 

cheers

daryl

29 minutes ago, cruising denise said:

Did the Australian couple successfully embark yesterday in Cozumel?  Keeping them in my thoughts...

I have not heard about them specifically...we met another couple from Brisbane who just  boarded in Cozumel yesterday after 4 days of traveling.and have no luggage. Hearing aid charger in luggage and only think they carried on was medicine. Feel so bad for them.

Aloha. We were on a long Christmas Hanukkah New Years cruise a few years ago. Our luggage arrived but another couple did not get there luggage.  it was all around South America and Antarctica including the Falklands. So fortunately we were similar sizes and throughout the voyage kept exchanging clothes with them.  To make the long story short months later they received their luggage at home. It was sitting at the airport in Uruguay which was a port stop but not an embarkation or debarkation port.   So now we mix our checked luggage half hers and half mine and carryon.  They were lovely people and a tale to remember! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruising denise said:

Did the Australian couple successfully embark yesterday in Cozumel?  Keeping them in my thoughts...

Yes they arrived just in time yesterday and we just had a lovely coffee catch up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 12/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, Mcobean said:

I understand that they did make it

@Mcobeanthank you for posting before and after pictures of your cabin on your blog. I couldn’t understand why anyone would move the table behind the chairs, but now that I see it, it makes perfect sense. My husband and I are enjoying your blog….and you’re only getting started. I couldn’t find a place to post a comment on it, so I put it here. Smooth sailing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Penspack said:

@Mcobeanthank you for posting before and after pictures of your cabin on your blog. I couldn’t understand why anyone would move the table behind the chairs, but now that I see it, it makes perfect sense. My husband and I are enjoying your blog….and you’re only getting started. I couldn’t find a place to post a comment on it, so I put it here. Smooth sailing.

We do the same even on much shorter cruises. Not so much for the extra storage but to make it easier to move around the room. 

On 12/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Mcobean said:

I saw your pictures on how you re-arranged your room, and it looks great.  We are wondering where you stored the huge tray that was on the coffee table.  The one thing we do is take the garbage can out from under the bathroom sink to give more storage space.  We put the garbage can beside the toilet, and it is not in the way at all.  Only 12 days before we are on board !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MichelleMichel said:

I saw your pictures on how you re-arranged your room, and it looks great.  We are wondering where you stored the huge tray that was on the coffee table.  The one thing we do is take the garbage can out from under the bathroom sink to give more storage space.  We put the garbage can beside the toilet, and it is not in the way at all.  Only 12 days before we are on board !!

we always do that too!  we never move the table because we use it as a table.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MichelleMichel said:

The tray is on the table in the corner, pretty much buried there.

Cheers

Daryl

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mcobean said:

Thank you @Mcobean I really enjoyed the photos you posted of the birds and other wildlife from your excursion to Columbia's National Aviary... so varied and colorful!  The photos taken from the bus also gave a sense of local life and it reminded me of how lucky we are to be able to experience the different cultures... they are as varied and colorful as the birds.

• Like 5

Gatun Lake Locks

Come To The Pacific Side we are waiting.

Screenshot_20221229_055528_Brave.jpg

Edited by Wavetripper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1