Royal Up Question

Daisy0214

21 minutes ago, Daisy0214 said:

So we put a bid in for a grand suite. Today I received an email saying that they have not selected our offer yet but the team onboard is still reviewing and may choose based on availability at departure time. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Just about everyone gets that email these days.

Very very very few get the upgrade.

But depending on your port of embarkation, date of departure, and weather that day, there may be no-shows.  This is how they fill those cabins at the last minute.

🙂 

• Like 1

We got that email four days prior to a recent cruise. Then the following day, the Royal app was accepted. I was quite surprised.

if I remember correctly, the email lets you know you can go in and modify your bid. Maybe they are trying to get people to bid higher. We did not.

As previously mentioned, Royal Ups are pretty rare these days.  We did have a couple of days of mixup as every time we gave our cabin number, the  previous occupants name came up in the computer system.  We also got their welcome information, and did not receive some of the information/amenities. Took till day 3 to get it straighten out.

good luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisy0214 said:

So we put a bid in for a grand suite. Today I received an email saying that they have not selected our offer yet but the team onboard is still reviewing and may choose based on availability at departure time. Has this happened to anyone else? 

The message means that you were not successful with your upgrade bid. 

If with COVID, there have been last minute cancellations, so,,, the ship has the option, if they really want to, move people on embarkation day. 

Consider your bid not accepted. 

The other point of this email:

Some people would consider an upgrade more trouble than it is worth after checking in at the pier (or the night before or whenever their personal cut off for more trouble than it is worth).  This email reminds them to cancel their bids when they personally reach that point.

Other people want the upgrade, even if they have already unpacked.  They can let their bids stand, though the odds of a late acceptance seem quite low.

• Like 1