The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday December 25th, 2022

rafinmd

9 hours ago, ClippyJoe said:

grapu27, 

Father Davids homily was excellent and perfect for our time. Please tell him thank you.

Thank you and welcome.

I will pass on your kind message to Father David.

The photo is our church.

Father David WhatsApps me the Sunday sermon every week a couple of hours before our church service and I post them here every week so please come back to the wonderful Daily.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221225_132431.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you and welcome.

I will pass on your kind message to Father David.

The photo is our church.

Father David WhatsApps me the Sunday sermon every week a couple of hours before our church service and I post them here every week so please come back to the wonderful Daily.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221225_132431.jpg

Magnificent looking church . When was it built?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

Well, my Christmas gift was a bust. It's been an emotional day but ended up being a good one. DH didn't get to come home because the company that was transporting him canceled and didn't let me know. The facility called at 9:45 to say that he hadn't been picked up. I called the dispatcher and she told me it had been canceled the same day I booked it. She said the notes said I had been called but I hadn't. I was home all day and had the phone right with me. No messages, no email, nothing. The dispatcher said she'd dispatch a ride for him and they'd be there in 45 minutes. I call the facility back. I get another call to say they can't transport because we're out in the county but their website says anywhere in the 3 counties (and we're in the middle of the three) and 24/7 and all weather. By then I was in tears. 

DS and DDIL headed in to see DH and I was about 5 minutes behind them. I took in his stocking and a couple of other gifts and we were able to have him open gifts and we were able to have a nice visit. His dinner was a PB&J sandwich and soup because it was too late to order his dinner but he likes that so it was ok. 

The day got better as DS and DDIL helped me set up for dinner, we got some gifts opened but we'll do part 2 tomorrow. I had 8 of us around the table and it was just what I needed. We had a great time with friends and all is well. I'm beat tonight but the tears stopped a long time ago. I tell people I was born with my bladder behind my eyes! 

Thanks for listening and Happy Boxing Day tomorrow! 

Karen

How awful of that company!   I'm glad you were able to make good of everything and that  your DS and DDIL helped do that.  Somehow, even if I liked PP&J, it doesn't make up for Christmas dinner.

• Like 5

@luvteachingI'm so sorry to hear the transport company failed to deliver as scheduled.  And even worse not making sure you were aware of it ahead of time.  Thank goodness you and your family were able to quickly get there to celebrate Christmas with him.  And I'm glad the evening was a nice one for you after all.  I'll keep your family in my prayers.

• Like 4