The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday December 26th, 2022

rafinmd

Good evening, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Kwanzaa to all who celebrate!  Happy Boxing Day and good luck to everyone who went out shopping today; those days are behind us now.  

First of all, thank you all for your wonderful birthday wishes; it’s tough having a birthday on Christmas, as it gets lost in the shuffle, and I thank you for making me feel special.  My family did a great job of getting a pretty rainbow coloured cake with candles on it - our 3 year old grandson declared that it was the best he’d ever had.   LOL.  Here’s a pic of DH and I with DH getting ready to carve the turkey with the now 50 year old electric carving knife - it still does an admirable job without tearing the bird to shreds.  Our little grandson insisted Grandpa needed a chef’s hat, and a crown from a Christmas cracker was the closest we could get to it.

F43C1FCD-EE8A-4BE4-B174-07F100949C98.jpeg.706bcda73310db5515298d6619d5be11.jpeg

Today was a travel day for us so DH can get to the denturist first thing tomorrow morning.  We got up early (and felt bad that the entire family had to wake up to say goodbye) and were on the road shortly after 8AM.  Why though, did it seem we had even more in the back of the SUV than we did when we arrived 4 days ago?  Weird.  

The highways, for the most part were clear, or only had a slight amount of snow on them, and we didn’t encounter any issues.  However, friends of ours were travelling from Saskatoon to Calgary (we passed each other on the highway and honked our horns and waved), and it appears we were more fortunate than most.  Our friends asked how we managed to get so far in such a short time, as they encountered blowing snow and black ice.  Apparently there were cars and trucks in the ditches on both sides of the road and finally the RCMP closed down the highway for a few hours.  Whew!  We must have had guardian angels with us, as we didn’t have any problems. Will have to say extra prayers of gratitude tonight!

Sochi was pretty happy to see us, and of course, now she’s putting on her “Velcro Cat” act, following me even into the bathroom.  LOL. The suitcases are unpacked and laundry is ready to begin tomorrow morning.  We didn’t bring any food home with us, except for the turkey carcass, which tomorrow will be turned into soup that will sustain us for a few days - that means less to have to cook and keep in the days leading up to the departure for our cruise.  Tonight we had leftover frozen perogies with bacon at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, cheers for all with celebrations going on.  Stay well, be safe.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 16

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good evening, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Kwanzaa to all who celebrate!  Happy Boxing Day and good luck to everyone who went out shopping today; those days are behind us now.  

First of all, thank you all for your wonderful birthday wishes; it’s tough having a birthday on Christmas, as it gets lost in the shuffle, and I thank you for making me feel special.  My family did a great job of getting a pretty rainbow coloured cake with candles on it - our 3 year old grandson declared that it was the best he’d ever had.   LOL.  Here’s a pic of DH and I with DH getting ready to carve the turkey with the now 50 year old electric carving knife - it still does an admirable job without tearing the bird to shreds.  Our little grandson insisted Grandpa needed a chef’s hat, and a crown from a Christmas cracker was the closest we could get to it.

F43C1FCD-EE8A-4BE4-B174-07F100949C98.jpeg.706bcda73310db5515298d6619d5be11.jpeg

Today was a travel day for us so DH can get to the denturist first thing tomorrow morning.  We got up early (and felt bad that the entire family had to wake up to say goodbye) and were on the road shortly after 8AM.  Why though, did it seem we had even more in the back of the SUV than we did when we arrived 4 days ago?  Weird.  

The highways, for the most part were clear, or only had a slight amount of snow on them, and we didn’t encounter any issues.  However, friends of ours were travelling from Saskatoon to Calgary (we passed each other on the highway and honked our horns and waved), and it appears we were more fortunate than most.  Our friends asked how we managed to get so far in such a short time, as they encountered blowing snow and black ice.  Apparently there were cars and trucks in the ditches on both sides of the road and finally the RCMP closed down the highway for a few hours.  Whew!  We must have had guardian angels with us, as we didn’t have any problems. Will have to say extra prayers of gratitude tonight!

Sochi was pretty happy to see us, and of course, now she’s putting on her “Velcro Cat” act, following me even into the bathroom.  LOL. The suitcases are unpacked and laundry is ready to begin tomorrow morning.  We didn’t bring any food home with us, except for the turkey carcass, which tomorrow will be turned into soup that will sustain us for a few days - that means less to have to cook and keep in the days leading up to the departure for our cruise.  Tonight we had leftover frozen perogies with bacon at the kitchen table.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, cheers for all with celebrations going on.  Stay well, be safe.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Nice photo of yourself and your husband Gerry.

I'm happy to hear you had no problems getting home.

Good luck at the dentist for your husband.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Yes. It’s why I planned to start the trip yesterday, but it doesn’t explain the severe traffic jams elsewhere.

I guess all those government workers like to drive around in unpopulated places on Boxing Day 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I guess all those government workers like to drive around in unpopulated places on Boxing Day 😉 

Maybe so. That part of Pennsylvania has two Federal prisons, Lewisburg and Allenwood ("Club Fed"), but only office workers would have the day off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2