Random thoughts while onboard the Millenium Christmas / NYE cruise

kk20

7 minutes ago, p18750 said:

Thank you for posting. For the MDR is the seating back to normal or are parties still seated by themselves. One of the things we liked about cruising was getting a large table and getting to meet a wide variety of people. On our last cruise with Celebrity they were seating everyone by themselves and larger tables were only for parties travelling together. . 

We’ve been seated at tables for two each night. (But the tables are so close together we always end up in conversation with the people seated around us)

Glad to hear you made it out of TO on time... what a total gong show for most travel in Canada the last week or two though.. wow!  

Excitedly following your post as we will be boarding the Millie for a few weeks in February - can't wait! Our last Celebrity cruise was in Sept on the Eclipse, and a few times there were specialty restaurant staff wondering around trying to get guests to sign up for a discount for the Tuscan and Le Petit Chef - have you noticed any staff doing that on your cruise?  Generally makes it considerably more economical to wait for that deal rather than booking in advance. 

You mentioned the live music has been great to listen to... hoping at least one of the offerings has some good danceable music? As in top 40/disco/easy rock... ? 

Hope you continue to enjoy your vacation, and that everything is very smooth for you for your return to the frozen northern tundra we live in 😉  

Ooooh heyyyy... one more request if you're looking for something to do (haha!): Do you think you might be able to find out if they are carrying either Belle Glos or the Meiomi pinot noir wines by the glass, and if so, how much they are?  Many thanks!! 🙂 

Edited by nunuc2000

3 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

Our last Celebrity cruise was in Sept on the Eclipse, and a few times there were specialty restaurant staff wondering around trying to get guests to sign up for a discount for the Tuscan and Le Petit Chef - have you noticed any staff doing that on your cruise?  Generally makes it considerably more economical to wait for that deal rather than booking in advance. 

You mentioned the live music has been great to listen to... hoping at least one of the offerings has some good danceable music? As in top 40/disco/easy rock... ?

We haven’t seen anyone offering specialty dining discounts on this cruise. From what other passengers have told us, there has been a very limited number of reservations available for them…

As for dancing - yes!!! In fact we just walked through the pool area on route to the sunset bar and there are about 20 people up dancing while the house band is playing for our sailaway

I will check with the bartender at cellar masters for the wine availability the next time we mosey on up to their bar

• Thanks 1

Since we had a very late lunch after spending most of the day at the beach, we decided to just grab something off the buffet for dinner before we watch tonight’s world juniors game.

I had the build your own stir fry and it was AMAZING! By far, the best thing I’ve had from the buffet 🙌🏼

My random thought for this moment:

We all know how close the pool loungers are onboard, so why would someone think it’s appropriate to lay down in the opposite direction on a lounger and have your old callused feet approximately 20” from my face!?🤔 and then, as if that isn’t enough, you then attempt to get yourself back upright by putting your feet under my lounger to get the additional leverage you apparently need 🙄 LOL 😂 

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 8:08 PM, kk20 said:

We leave st kitts late in the afternoon and will be at sea to ring in the new year

Did you have to complete the St. Kitts immigration/customs form? Online it sounds as if it is only for those arriving at the airport, but I am not certain. If you did complete it, did you do it online before sailing? Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Alwayshome said:

Did you have to complete the St. Kitts immigration/customs form? Online it sounds as if it is only for those arriving at the airport, but I am not certain. If you did complete it, did you do it online before sailing? Thank you so much!

We weren’t required to fill out anything for st kitts

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, nunuc2000 said:

Ooooh heyyyy... one more request if you're looking for something to do (haha!): Do you think you might be able to find out if they are carrying either Belle Glos or the Meiomi pinot noir wines by the glass, and if so, how much they are?  Many thanks!! 🙂 

Just checked with cellar masters. They only have belle glos by the bottle for $68

We had the most amazing cruise excursion yesterday in St Lucia!

The (somewhat) short version: 
We met our local guide and one of the chefs from our ship in the morning. 
They took us to their local market and guided us through their local produce and we then we had the option to try some fresh coconuts. (The chef went back to the ship after this)
We then took a tour of parts of the island while learning about their history and other interesting facts.
Next stop was the pink plantation house. We met one of their lovely staff members who has been their head gardener for the last 27 years. He had a table full of local plants, veggies, fruits, nuts and spices and told us all about their uses and how they prepare them.
We then had a cooking demo and tasting of three different local dishes.
After that we had a three course meal in their open air dining room. 
We then came back to the ship and at 7pm, we all met up with one of the executive chefs and he took us for a galley tour that lasted about 20 minutes before we were all seated in one of the ship’s specialty restaurants (tuscan grille) for a locally inspired dinner. 
We ended up leaving before dessert, as we were beyond full and it was well after 10pm at this point and I was ready for bed! 

Apparently Celebrity has several different Chef’s discovery tours at different ports around the world, so if you ever get a chance to do one…..book it!

0F158C91-2253-4CF2-9D1C-481CE7AC5F6C.jpeg

C7719398-399B-4AC6-827A-D676BE3BA3D8.jpeg

CC904816-7018-4CF8-A2AF-BE023964E69D.jpeg

06259B32-C39C-4212-A9C7-CD392AB9A53C.jpeg

F4E888D6-D13D-45BD-B382-587A16C19825.jpeg

BCC69144-50F5-42ED-AB81-835C89C20737.jpeg

9AFF8A58-56E5-4555-AB7D-5AAC814FAAE5.jpeg

Edited by kk20
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

Thank you for checking on that for me, did you happen to notice if they have the Meiomi?

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. They only have the belle glos by the bottle. No meiomi onboard

Wow! Celebrity sure does know how to throw a party!

The new years eve pool deck party was so much fun!!! They also had another party going on in the main foyer, but I haven’t heard from anyone who attended that one.

Dinner in the mdr was also fantastic! We didn’t have to wait in line to be seated and all the staff were on their A game. I regretted my decision to order the château brilliant when I saw how large the lobster tails were! (Much larger than on our previous sailings this year) Our table neighbours were encouraging me to just order the lobster as well, but I was too full even for dessert with just my regular dinner. Our waiter also gave us happy new years tiaras and beaded necklaces to wear

B2C391D6-547B-4848-A076-D0DBF4CF5D85.jpeg

Edited by kk20

10 minutes ago, kk20 said:

Wow! Celebrity sure does know how to throw a party!

The new years eve pool deck party was so much fun!!! They also had another party going on in the main foyer, but I haven’t heard from anyone who attended that one.

Dinner in the mdr was also fantastic! We didn’t have to wait in line to be seated and all the staff were on their A game. I regretted my decision to order the château brilliant when I saw how large the lobster tails were! (Much larger than on our previous sailings this year) Our table neighbours were encouraging me to just order the lobster as well, but I was too full even for dessert with just my regular dinner. Our waiter also gave us happy new years tiaras and beaded necklaces to wear

B2C391D6-547B-4848-A076-D0DBF4CF5D85.jpeg

Good to hear that you enjoyed NYE! Celebrity does a nice job. 

• Like 1

We can’t believe this is our last full day onboard! 

Even with our not so perfect start to the cruise, we’ve had an amazing time. It seems like every day, the service got better and the lines got shorter.

We have enjoyed this cruise so much, that we’re probably going to book another holiday cruise for this coming December.

Our most pleasant surprise has been the kids onboard! There may be lots of them, but 98% of them have been extremely well behaved and have brightened out days with their enthusiasm and energy. From overhearing a mom say to her son “don’t you even think about it!” and him replying with “too late….I’m already thinking about it!”, to the two girls who we are guessing to be about 8 years old sharing their own table beside their family in the mdr and ordering their appetizers, main course dinner and dessert with the class of refined 40 years olds, to the several grandchildren assisting their grandparents who are in wheelchairs onboard, each day they have brought smiles to our faces.

And lastly, even though the ship was set to sail at full capacity, we have still managed to find spots that aren’t packed with other passengers!

457745F6-BA65-4283-A2FA-CCF3E67CFEF7.jpeg

Edited by kk20
  • Like 6