More bad publicity for P&O

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Hi @Selbourne 

Yes P&O have dispensed with all requirements to quarantine. There are now no quarantine cabins on board ship. If you report to the medical centre with Covid, you will be asked to quarantine in your cabin. This is a request not an instruction and certain additional services and amenities will be provided if you agree.

As I understand it, similar to at home, there is no requirement for your to present to the medical centre with Covid. There is no requirement to wear a mask. P&O just ask for a common sense approach.

This is a general comment and I note that a couple of cruises may have slightly different rules due to the countries they visit. These tend to be the longer/exotic cruises.

This is in a similar way to a friend of mine who was onboard at Christmas. No need to test before hand, no medical questionnaire, no questions at check-in or signs at terminals. With the exception of a few crew wearing masks (<25%), they described it as like pre-pandemic. Apparently you can sit at the bars again, all chairs and tables are open.

Given the Iona Christmas cruise was at lower-berth capacity, it couldn't have operated without returning to pre-pandemic state. I understand that Iona at Christmas was the most guests P&O has ever carried on one cruise ship.

Thank you so much for clarifying this vital issue. Thank goodness that common sense has prevailed at last. That is a big worry taken away from us and will allow us to consider more bookings now, with more confidence that we will end up with the cabin that we booked and not having to worry about being imprisoned! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Yes, but they could self isolate regardless.

Way before Covid I had an horrendous cold that came out on the last night when on Oceana. OK a cold is not Covid, but it can still ruin your holiday.

Must have looked like an advert for Kleenex on our last night - and spent most time in our cabin / on our balcony.

I made sure that all tissues were put in a bin liner the next morning and tied and sealed. Then cleaned down the cabin with some anti bac before we left as it was our last morning.

It just takes some common sense ???????????????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

If, as I suspect, you mean the latter (I.e. people still have to quarantine, but in their booked cabin), I’m curious to know what happens to those in inside cabins who test positive when the ship is fully booked, as it could well be when we are on her. 

I guess that many folk just don't test. If they do, for some reason test and get a positive result.......🤐

On 1/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, molecrochip said:

Hi @Selbourne 

Yes P&O have dispensed with all requirements to quarantine. There are now no quarantine cabins on board ship. If you report to the medical centre with Covid, you will be asked to quarantine in your cabin. This is a request not an instruction and certain additional services and amenities will be provided if you agree.

As I understand it, similar to at home, there is no requirement for your to present to the medical centre with Covid. There is no requirement to wear a mask. P&O just ask for a common sense approach.

This is a general comment and I note that a couple of cruises may have slightly different rules due to the countries they visit. These tend to be the longer/exotic cruises.

This is in a similar way to a friend of mine who was onboard at Christmas. No need to test before hand, no medical questionnaire, no questions at check-in or signs at terminals. With the exception of a few crew wearing masks (<25%), they described it as like pre-pandemic. Apparently you can sit at the bars again, all chairs and tables are open.

Given the Iona Christmas cruise was at lower-berth capacity, it couldn't have operated without returning to pre-pandemic state. I understand that Iona at Christmas was the most guests P&O has ever carried on one cruise ship.

There may not be any quarantine cabins but judging by the reviews on Feefo and Trustpilot there appear to have been a lot of people on a variety of ships being asked to quarantine over the last month.

Assumedly they self reported but even so sadly  it's not no quarantine by the look of it.

26 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

There may not be any quarantine cabins but judging by the reviews on Feefo and Trustpilot there appear to have been a lot of people on a variety of ships being asked to quarantine over the last month.

Assumedly they self reported but even so sadly  it's not no quarantine by the look of it.

I saw one comment elsewhere, from a woman saying that she had to quarantine in a hotel in Barbados. I assumed this was because she couldn’t fly home while testing positive 

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

. I assumed this was because she couldn’t fly home while testing positive 

I'm not aware of any airline that is stopping people flying with Covid. In any case,  how would the airline know ? 

And, in all honesty,  given the exorbitant costs involved, (which would not be covered by insurance) why would anyone decide to continue to remain in quarantine if it was not required ?

Edited by wowzz

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm not aware of any airline that is stopping people flying with Covid. In any case,  how would the airline know ? 

And, in all honesty,  given the exorbitant costs involved, (which would not be covered by insurance) why would anyone decide to continue to remain in quarantine if it was not required ?

Just reporting what I read