Happy New Year 2023! Where are you going?

Got2Cruise

Just now, Got2Cruise said:

What a wonderful way of celebrating your daughter’s accomplishment. We don’t hear much about that portion of the Danube here. The Transylvania part is intriguing to me. 

I am very excited on both accounts.  She's not always made the best choices in life (as a teen and young woman) and has come so far so I want to celebrate her and her accomplishments.  I'm very interested in this area of Europe.  I lived in Germany for 3  years so I got to see a lot but never got to these areas. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 2:57 PM, Got2Cruise said:

What a wonderful way of celebrating your daughter’s accomplishment. We don’t hear much about that portion of the Danube here. The Transylvania part is intriguing to me. 

We did Transylvania before our river cruise last September.  We had previously booked - twice - with Avalon, and the trips were cancelled.  This last one was with Scenic - as the price was better. 

Transylvania is fascinating.  We had 4 days there - but, to be honest - would have been happy with the 2 nights offered on Avalon - with the extra days on the boat.  With Scenic, we moved every night - but with Avalon, you stay put for 2 nights.  Enjoy!!

Fran

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:43 AM, pbeach said:

Amawaterways Spring 45 night 7 river cruise April 16 - June 6!

Oh my goodness. That’s incredible! I never even knew there was such a thing. It will be here before you know it. Have a great time and check in on the board to let us know how it’s going. 

1 hour ago, FoolishMe said:

Our very first river cruise...  Avalon Vista (Basel to Amsterdam) 19 Aug 2023

With two other couples.  Really excited for the adventure (extra days in Munich at the start & Amsterdam afterwards)

Perfect itinerary for first timers. You will love it. Avalon a great product. We’ve used them and recommended to friends. You will be pleased. Munich and Amsterdam perfect choices Pre and post. 

5 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Great thread @Got2Cruise.  I've read some things I've never heard about.  Need to research Danube, Prague and Transylvania.  Our first RC is October with AMA the Mekong with pre and post extensions and free (!) add on to Bangkok.

Deb

As someone who has done both, a European river cruise is completely different from an Asian one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 7:46 PM, franski said:

That would be good...  And an interesting trip for sure.  For me, I was happy with the sailing experience - the scenery was the primary draw, so the shorter times on land weren't a disappointment. We did spend some extra time in Bergen, and were happy with that. To each his own.  Lots of ways to sail!!

Fran

I did this last month with my mother on Havila.  Had a fabulous time and we got a ridiculous deal.  It was definitely interesting to be on a working boat but the excursions we took met our needs.

A cousin hit me up just after I booked the Havila trip, a cousin hit me up about a Viking river cruise.  I may suggest another line that’s cheaper as I had a fantastic time on my Viva cruises trip last year.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, reipan40 said:

Viking Tulips & Windmills March 19-28.  First river cruise after many ocean cruises.  Looking forward to this adventure!

I’ve been eyeing this cruise forever! Most of us started our cruising on ocean cruises. I hope you enjoy River Cruises as much as the rest of us. Can’t wait to read your report. It’s almost time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I must have missed this thread at year end.....I have no river cruises booked right now but I just came back from a Caribbean cruise and in April I am going to Greece and Turkey.  I also have a TA crossing booked for November.  Every time I read threads on this forum I want to book another river cruise. Not sure what is holding me back......I am going to do some research for a river cruise this summer!😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roz said:

@Lois R, I've been looking at TAs now that I'm retired.

Hi Roz, this will be my first crossing! I was supposed to go on one in 2020 but we know what happened to that one.......hopefully this will go smoothly😃 and CONGRATS on your retirement!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

I must have missed this thread at year end.....I have no river cruises booked right now but I just came back from a Caribbean cruise and in April I am going to Greece and Turkey.  I also have a TA crossing booked for November.  Every time I read threads on this forum I want to book another river cruise. Not sure what is holding me back......I am going to do some research for a river cruise this summer!😃

Lois , you have some great cruises ahead. I’ve never tried a TA but some relatives have done more than one and they love them. Can’t wait to read about your experiences for both cruises. 

16 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

Lois , you have some great cruises ahead. I’ve never tried a TA but some relatives have done more than one and they love them. Can’t wait to read about your experiences for both cruises. 

Hi,😃 this is going to be my first crossing. I have a sister and bil who LOVE them. I think it is probably their most favorite types of cruise. Hopefully I will love it too.

I know it is a lot of sea days, which is ok with me. Funny, as I get older it is very easy for me to do a lot of nothing on a ship. So will see how many naps I take LOL

• Like 3