Happy New Year 2023! Where are you going?

Got2Cruise

Well not exactly a river cruise, although we will travel on the Napo River. Part of a trip to Quito, Ecuadorian Amazon, and the Galápagos.

Off topic, but responsive to the question, later in the year Australia and New Zealand on a land/air tour. 

• Like 1

Viking Northern Lights at the end of January, 10 days daytripping in Ireland in September and then Viking's Holland & Belgium river cruise in October. Also hoping to slip in a road trip to coastal Maine. DW retires the 1st of May and the cap on vacation days will forever be gone. 

• Like 2

Two expedition cruises booked - Bali to Singapore in March, with Ponant. Stops in Borneo (orangutans) and Komodo. We were supposed to do a similar itinerary in November 2020, so we will be excited to have a second chance at it.

Then Helsinki to Hamburg in June on Silver Wind. No other large cities besides the embarkation and disembarkation ports. Small islands in the Gulf of Bothnia, and some small towns off the beaten path. Will be interesting to see Finland in the summer, as we were just there last month for the Aurora!

15 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

We are booked on Uniworld Jewels of Venetto with Milan extension. Our first cruise since 2019. 

That sounds great! Have looked at that itinerary many times. We were in Milan last June and it was a very fun trip. Enjoy!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

Hoping to finally get our Avalon Budapest -Prague cruise in....it's been a while since we booked, so I'll have to go back and make sure everything I picked out to visit is still open. 🙂

Happy New Year all, here's to safe, happy adventures!

• Like 2

Daisi enjoy your double checking all the excitement over again. Fingers crossed everyone for a clear bug free year and all the rivers flowing deep enough, clear enough and free enough for everyone to enjoy.

p.s. You don’t want this cold flue whatever it is take it from me it’s so debilitating it’s not true. 

Happy New Year all.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

Well not exactly a river cruise, although we will travel on the Napo River. Part of a trip to Quito, Ecuadorian Amazon, and the Galápagos.

Off topic, but responsive to the question, later in the year Australia and New Zealand on a land/air tour. 

Sounds amazing! Do you plan your own itineraries or is it a guided tour? Are you allowed to mention brands so we can research? 

1 hour ago, CruiseIreland said:

First river cruise, after 11 ocean cruises, booked for August with Gate 1, Monarch Queen, Prague to Budapest(coach transfer from Prague to the Danube. Very excited as it is a surprise birthday gift for Mrs C.

Once you try RC you will be hooked. Some pax take a RC and then hop on an ocean cruise. Or pre and post land touring is great also. Enjoy!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

Daisi enjoy your double checking all the excitement over again. Fingers crossed everyone for a clear bug free year and all the rivers flowing deep enough, clear enough and free enough for everyone to enjoy.

p.s. You don’t want this cold flue whatever it is take it from me it’s so debilitating it’s not true. 

Happy New Year all.

Hope you feel better soon! Yes a bug free year is something we all need. And the perfect amount of rainfall on the rivers!

4 hours ago, Second seating said:

Windstar Bordeaux to Amsterdam, a few places we have seen before and some great new places!!!  We were scheduled to do this is in 2022 and Windstar cancelled it.

Second seating

I’ve been looking at Windstar for awhile. Sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Enjoy and I’ll look for your report. 

4 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

Alas, no river cruises in 2023--hope to do a Tulip Cruise in 2024, God willing.  Switzerland by rail in the spring, and 2 weeks in England/Wales in the fall.

Ohhhh I’ve always wanted to do Switzerland by rail! It’s on my list! And England/Wales in the fall will be beautiful. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Daisi said:

Hoping to finally get our Avalon Budapest -Prague cruise in....it's been a while since we booked, so I'll have to go back and make sure everything I picked out to visit is still open. 🙂

Happy New Year all, here's to safe, happy adventures!

The Danube has so many wonderful stops. We adored our Danube cruise. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Two expedition cruises booked - Bali to Singapore in March, with Ponant. Stops in Borneo (orangutans) and Komodo. We were supposed to do a similar itinerary in November 2020, so we will be excited to have a second chance at it.

Then Helsinki to Hamburg in June on Silver Wind. No other large cities besides the embarkation and disembarkation ports. Small islands in the Gulf of Bothnia, and some small towns off the beaten path. Will be interesting to see Finland in the summer, as we were just there last month for the Aurora!

That sounds great! Have looked at that itinerary many times. We were in Milan last June and it was a very fun trip. Enjoy!

Sounds amazing JP. I’ll be looking for your reports. The Aurora is definitely on my bucket list. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

Viking Northern Lights at the end of January, 10 days daytripping in Ireland in September and then Viking's Holland & Belgium river cruise in October. Also hoping to slip in a road trip to coastal Maine. DW retires the 1st of May and the cap on vacation days will forever be gone. 

Wow! All of those trips sound wonderful. Congratulations to your wife on her retirement. Having flexibility makes traveling less stressful for sure. Enjoy!

@Got2CruiseNo, we didn’t plan either of these on our own. When we began looking to go to the Galápagos we discovered that there were a lot of decisions needed and logistics that were more complicated than I wanted to take on. We found those same complications same with Australia/NZ planning.

We are traveling with OAT (Overseas Adventure Travel) which is owned by the same company as GCT (Grand Circle Travel) for both trips. They, OAT & GCT, keep us coming back with interesting itineraries, great trip leaders, travel credits for subsequent trips, a “bounty” for referrals along with a small discount to the travelers we refer, and good overall value. 

After a few trips customized air travel is available at no cost (unless you upgrade). We don’t travel on points and the cost of air fare through them has, so far, been better than I can do on my own and transfers are included when we buy “their air” so there’s another saving. 

Edited by CPT Trips
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ritabob said:

A spring time two week cruise, Grand Central Europe, Basel to Vienna.  This is replacing a cancelled cruise in 2020.

RB 

It will be here before you know it! Can’t wait to read your report. This itinerary I haven’t heard much about. Sounds like a wonderful idea. 

47 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

It will be here before you know it! Can’t wait to read your report. This itinerary I haven’t heard much about. Sounds like a wonderful idea. 

This is a new itinerary for Uniworld. Two weeks mostly on the Main and canal.

• Like 1