Pre-booking Specialty Restaurants

Coupe

I have tried to prebook Chops on Wonder for an upcoming cruise. I have a specialty dinner that came with my cruise package. I can't book on the app without paying for the dinner. Royal says I can't book until I get onboard - is this true to your experience?

Another question - Do I need to go to the restaurant to book it or will I be able to book it on the app when I am on the Ship? I've been on some ships where there are customer service reps near the entrance who are taking reservations. Does this happen on Royal?

6 minutes ago, Coupe said:

Another question - Do I need to go to the restaurant to book it or will I be able to book it on the app when I am on the Ship? I've been on some ships where there are customer service reps near the entrance who are taking reservations. Does this happen on Royal?

Yes it happens on royal that you can book dinners with reps who want to sell you pay dinners when you board. Often there is a station in the promenade, but have seen them in WJ too. They want to help you spend your money.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Coupe said:

Once connected to ships wifi you should be able to book through the app. 

• Like 1

My only experience with specialty dining was in November on Symphony. They had lots of kiosks on the promenade to make reservations, right when you walk onto the ship on boarding day. 

I was unable to make any changes to my dining using the app, but that may be because everything was booked up for the entire week. I had to either go to a restaurant to make changes, or go to guest services (when restaurants weren't open). 

I was also unable to cancel reservations using the app, which probably leads to a lot of no-shows at restaurants, and un-filled tables that would have otherwise been booked if the app allowed people to cancel and make reservations themselves.

• Like 1