A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Myster has a standing golf date for early Sunday mornings.  Yesterday I was left to my own devices and that is never a good idea.  To keep out of trouble, I decided to test drive my plan for my jewelery packing.

These are the cases...
IMG_0119.JPG.86c35e7ffb66ee7724c47ae645718f18.JPG

These are the pieces I intend to bring....
IMG_0122.JPG.a5efe65ed9413ac40d128ad0e14f46ae.JPG

Here is the assembly.....
IMG_0123.JPG.8e1f4f8b8a06c81de8e2ee19bec6917e.JPG

And here they are packed ready for the carry on.....
IMG_0124.JPG.0e74ad7eca1c569291e3438e476b27e8.JPG

I think this will work!

How much for the lot

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I'm sure I've seen that at a recent cruise port.

The guy had fake Louis Vuitton bags also.

Some of the pieces on display in my post may well have been purchased by someone in a cruise port somewhere.   😀  Many of the pieces I purchased were "previously enjoyed" by someone else. I love finding interesting things for awesome prices. 

• Like 3

Luckily price and designer names do not necessarily mean more charm and difference from everyone else,  Mysty.  Funnily enough, necklaces I have which cost buttons but were interesting attracted a lot more attention, in a good way,  than the standard pearls or diamonds (not that I have many of those).

Lola

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Luckily price and designer names do not necessarily mean more charm and difference from everyone else,  Mysty.  Funnily enough, necklaces I have which cost buttons but were interesting attracted a lot more attention, in a good way,  than the standard pearls or diamonds (not that I have many of those).

Lola

Agreed Lola!  And if we are in the minority,  it just leaves more treasures for us to find! 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lola

I'm not a great one for jewellery but I do think it would be handy sometimes to have a bib of pearls to clutch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I'm not a great one for jewellery but I do think it would be handy sometimes to have a bib of pearls to clutch.

DW,  I can front you some-ish.  Just don’t test them with your teeth! 😅

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Think Pearls are the only thing I don't prefer cultured!

Well, DW, maybe your preference for "uncultured" actually extends to country bumpkins! 😁  You seem to like me! 🥰

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Well, DW, maybe your preference for "uncultured" actually extends to country bumpkins! 😁  You seem to like me! 🥰

I Think the alternative to cultured is natural! I do actually quite fancy a set of pearls. Ive been thinking about this one for a while. https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en/men/jewellery/necklaces/man.-bas-relief-pearl-necklace-silver-6301009902P104P104.html

2 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Think the alternative to cultured is natural! I do actually quite fancy a set of pearls. Ive been thinking about this one for a while. https://www.viviennewestwood.com/en/men/jewellery/necklaces/man.-bas-relief-pearl-necklace-silver-6301009902P104P104.html

That's beautiful DW!  Don't drag your feet! 

7 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Know its only tatt but I do quite like it. I Don't know why more men don't wear pearls.

DW,  tatt is in the eye of the beholder!  I love my pieces!  They suit my style and I'm not out to impress anyone.   I'm well beyond caring at this point!  I just do me!

• Like 2

I just spent the weekend organizing my clothes to make I have what I need and to make sure it all fits in the suitcases.  If I need more summer clothes I need to get them before summer is over!  I think I’m doing fairly well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoGay said:

I just spent the weekend organizing my clothes to make I have what I need and to make sure it all fits in the suitcases.  If I need more summer clothes I need to get them before summer is over!  I think I’m doing fairly well.

Awesome!  It's a very good feeling to know that your plans will work out!  I haven't yet attempted the clothes issue.   I'm still trying to fine tune my choices.   Myster will be much easier! 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Know its only tatt but I do quite like it. I Don't know why more men don't wear pearls.

On our last Moon cruise  -54 days,  there was a couple  and he had a lovely opera length string of pearls, he would wear on formal  nights.  He was tall and thin, usually wore black,  so  the pearls stood out.  He used to  be model for Versace. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Those are pearls with personality, Davey; totally different from the 'girls with pearls' beloved of Country Life photos years ago.  They are gorgeous, but I think you would need to be pretty tall to look good in them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

Those are pearls with personality, Davey; totally different from the 'girls with pearls' beloved of Country Life photos years ago.  They are gorgeous, but I think you would need to be pretty tall to look good in them.

And, as luck would have it, DW is very tall!  And handsome and a joy to spend time with!  😁

• Like 2

I've been making a list of my pieces I want to take.  I have kept my lists from our previous cruises.  Now my intention had been to pack less than I did in 2016 and more than I did in 2019 (because we're sailing for about an extra month).  This is what my tally looks like currently.....

wardrobe.JPG.51ef48207766f309f253b365094b2fb3.JPG

I may have to cull the herd here.  There is not much flat space available for a trial run of actually packing the suitcases.  That will have to happen on the fly when I do pack.  And yes, I will definitely pack clothes for Myster.  😁

I have had a re-think on the luggage plan.  I think now we will send 4 cases ahead (all large-sized)....

DSC05216.JPG.cde8f2c16071de0af6d0c1a3afe858c6.JPG

and we will take 2 medium-sized and one small as check in when we fly out to Bridgetown.

• Like 1