District Brewhouse

Travel Nerd

We will be sailing on the Escape this February & staying in a Haven Courtyard Suite.  Have never sailed with NCL and am very unfamiliar with the processes, especially the drink packages.  We will have the Free at Sea Unlimited package(not the premium/plus)

I am a beer snob and will not be drinking cocktails/wine.  I like the beer lists at the District Brewhouse.  But I'm curious if the bottled beers from District will be included with our package.  The details say everything under $15 served in a glass, so wasnt sure if this included draft beer & craft/specialty beers.  I havent been able to find the answer searching this forum.  Any experience with this?

Also, can our Haven butler deliver some specific beers from District to us?

Thanks!

I can't answer most of your questions.  One of the first things I do when I get on the ship is to check if the DB has Guinness on tap (I've been two for three recently).  Last cruise, I had to crash a Muster check in.  The guys asked if I was checking in, and I told them "no, I just want to see if there is Guinness on tap."  They were amused (I think, sometimes hard to tell....)  Happy ending.  The Guinness was there the entire cruise (they ran out the prior cruise, may have been my fault).  Beyond that, beer choices weren't an issue. 😎

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Travel Nerd said:

We will be sailing on the Escape this February & staying in a Haven Courtyard Suite.  Have never sailed with NCL and am very unfamiliar with the processes, especially the drink packages.  We will have the Free at Sea Unlimited package(not the premium/plus)

I am a beer snob and will not be drinking cocktails/wine.  I like the beer lists at the District Brewhouse.  But I'm curious if the bottled beers from District will be included with our package.  The details say everything under $15 served in a glass, so wasnt sure if this included draft beer & craft/specialty beers.  I havent been able to find the answer searching this forum.  Any experience with this?

Also, can our Haven butler deliver some specific beers from District to us?

Thanks!

All draft beers and bottles under $15 are included. There are a few selections like Chimay that exceed $15. In that case you will be charged the difference plus 20% gratuity. I believe Haven butlers will deliver whatever you want,  but you’ll have to pay the full price plus gratuity for all alcoholic beverages.

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I can't answer most of your questions.  One of the first things I do when I get on the ship is to check if the DB has Guinness on tap (I've been two for three recently).  Last cruise, I had to crash a Muster check in.  The guys asked if I was checking in, and I told them "no, I just want to see if there is Guinness on tap."  They were amused (I think, sometimes hard to tell....)  Happy ending.  The Guinness was there the entire cruise (they ran out the prior cruise, may have been my fault).  Beyond that, beer choices weren't an issue. 😎

Im hoping the escape has Guinness when we sale this week.

You can ask the haven bar if they could stock a few of your favorites. With an appropriate tip, it is possible. 

Butler food and beverage service to your suite is complimentary unless it comes from a specialty restaurant or if it is alcohol. Those come with full cost plus gratuity. Depending on your butler, your tip, and your attitude there are some that will accommodate this. But it’s not the norm. 

Just did it. Same scenario as you.  Everything said so far is correct.  Its my favorite bar.  Dont get too excited on the beers. All macro brews pretty much. Jai alai was best i could do.  Not much for bottled crafts on my cruise.  But to me ANY draft craft beer on a ship is a

big deal.

Just as a heads up ... my husband, who is also a beer snob, was sorely disappointed with the District's supply during our last sailing on the Bliss in Nov.  They were nearly out of all their taps as soon as we got on the ship :(.  By the end of the sailing, not only were all their taps blown, but they also had run out of nearly all their bottles as well.  Our cruise wasn't even sailing full.  

Now on the flip side, pre-covid, by husband enjoyed many different beers on a sailing on the Escape.  We are hoping to have a repeat experience on our upcoming March sailing on the Escape.

• Like 1