Haven Bid Question

donnyo1997

My wife and I will be sailing the end of Jan. We have been on over 6 NCL cruises in the past.  But this will be our first since three years due to Covid. I just put in several bids for Haven. For those of you who were recently successful in your bid, when did you find out if you won?  Two weeks from sailing date or the day before?  Thanks for the help.

They say it’s usually 2-3 days before sailing.  Sometimes longer if you’re lucky.  On our sailing on the Joy in September we found out we won two hours after boarding.

in other words, there’s no way to know, but a good guess is a few days before.  They fill the Haven cabins first to open up more cabins for people bidding on your original room.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, donnyo1997 said:

My wife and I will be sailing the end of Jan. We have been on over 6 NCL cruises in the past.  But this will be our first since three years due to Covid. I just put in several bids for Haven. For those of you who were recently successful in your bid, when did you find out if you won?  Two weeks from sailing date or the day before?  Thanks for the help.

Haven bids are usually processed on the Monday or Tuesday prior to departure. The rooms remain on sale until then. And on a large ship, there are upwards of 1700 staterooms that could be eligible to bid on Haven rooms, so the likelihood of a successful bid is low. Bid processing continues until the ship leaves the embarkation port. 

Edited by BirdTravels

32 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Haven bids are usually processed on the Monday or Tuesday prior to departure. The rooms remain on sale until then. And on a large ship, there are upwards of 1700 staterooms that could be eligible to bid on Haven rooms, so the likelihood of a successful bid is low. Bid processing continues until the ship leaves the embarkation port. 

I've booked BA in March, aft penthouse haven.  I just received an invitation to upgrade to a DOS, DOS w/large balcony, and 2 Family 2brd.  I was interested in any of those.  I didn't even check the details.

3 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

Quick question (not to hijack thread) How does bidding on an upgrade work? Is it like e-bay where you can see current bids and you just keep raising it till they close bidding, or something else entirely?

The standard is like sealed bids - you make your best offer and wait and see.  They are implementing/testing some 'live' bidding but it seems to be limited to certain ships/cruises/cabins.

• Thanks 1