Tamarind suggestions?

3rdGenCunarder

On 1/3/2023 at 8:10 PM, Bick53 said:

I'm looking forward to our dinner at the Tamarind but my Wife is a very picky eater - no Asian or Seafood. Will they accommodate her by serving something from the everyday offerings that are served in the MDR?

Agree they cannot serve from MDR. May I suggest the Mongolian lamb? If she eats lamb... I had it and not particularly Asian in character. The lamb chops in all of the specialty restaurants are recommended by me. I think I have had them all! 

I'm going to try the ribs next time for appetizer. Also remember tempura is just breaded and fried, not some exotic thing. 

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Agree they cannot serve from MDR. May I suggest the Mongolian lamb? If she eats lamb... I had it and not particularly Asian in character. The lamb chops in all of the specialty restaurants are recommended by me. I think I have had them all! 

I'm going to try the ribs next time for appetizer. Also remember tempura is just breaded and fried, not some exotic thing. 

I agree the lamb chops are excellent.  The ribs appetizer will not disappoint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 10:10 PM, Bick53 said:

I'm looking forward to our dinner at the Tamarind but my Wife is a very picky eater - no Asian or Seafood. Will they accommodate her by serving something from the everyday offerings that are served in the MDR?

I am not typically wild about Asian food - I like Thai and Japanese hibachi - but I love the Tamarind.  They will make food mild or spicy or medium.  The wasabi steak is excellent, the shrimp tempura is my all time favorite for an appetizer - but I could make a meal out of just their appetizers.  I find the Pinnacle isn't as good as it used to be.  They changed the dressing on their Cesar salad which was excellent but now, not so much.  I hope you can convince her to try it!  It really is excellent!

• Like 1