Specialty Dining and Show Reservations on Allure OTS

There are only two reviews posted thus far on the Allure since she started sailing Western Caribbean routes out of Galveston, TX. 

Both reviews were so horrendous that I question what exactly is going on. One described not being able to get reservations for all but one show and not being able to get even MDR seating. It sounds crazy to me. I've never had those problems in over a dozen RCCL sailings. 

Can anyone who has sailed on her over the last month or so shed some light on the situation regarding Specialty dining and show reservations? How difficult is it? How early do you need to make reservations to get them? 

I booked Halloween night for 3 shows, then heard if I went in from the online planner I could book the comedy show, so I had 4 shows booked more than a month out. 

I dont know of anyone who had trouble getting the pay restaurants of their choice. None I know did chops, they all wanted 150 or izumi etc. Cant say if chops is hard to book. 

WJ had really good ribs the last night and 2 kinds of wings. I would skip the Mdr. The night before was lobster night and it was cooked so so to me, tasted like it wasnt cooked enough idk .. but I went up to the WJ and it was a special dessert display.  Rcl version of chocolate special? Very pretty. Night 2 in WJ had baked cod that was food. Mdr failed me, they never got around to assigning me a seat. B2b and I even requested if I could sit at a table with others. Fail from me for Mdr for floor supervisors both weeks.  

I did the 29 central park balcony that is double long if you want pictures, and then moved to the end of boardwalk. That cabin is high demand and was taken when I moved from another date to the b2b. Dive show screen did a lot of sports. I wasnt thrilled, very loud. Sunday football, then 2 days of soccer, then sat was college football. I'd prefer music or movies.

What else do you want to know about. I tried johnny rockets once for breakfast. 

20221216_175735.jpg

20221216_175801.jpg

20221208_153518.jpg

20221205_091805.jpg

20221216_134419.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, theotherchad said:

Thanks, that's reassuring. The reviews made it sound like you couldn't get a reservation for anything and that everything was bad. I know that can't be right. 

I may have more questions, but we don't sail 'til May. 

If you have any problems with the entertainment/activities reservations stop by Boleros and Royal staff will assist you. 

If you have traditional dining no problem,

however if you have MTD Royal has some issues.  These are my experience on my September Allure sail. 

Mamma Mia is top notch. 

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

Sailed her in December with reservations allowed pre boarding and with UDP. Went to 150 as soon as we boarded and made all lunch and dinner reservations. No problem.Had made reservations for the Aqua show and Mama Mia on Cruise Planner. Shows in the showroom were never full and after seeing the comedians first night we tried to reserve the comedy show on nights 5 but it was full so night 6 walked down fifteen or twenty minutes before showtime, stood in line for about 10 minutes and were seated. Also for our cruise the comedy acts shown in the lounge were repeated day 7 in the showroom so everyone who wanted to could see the adult shows. We loved 150 on night 1 but went back later in the week and it was good but not as good later in the cruise. Went to Samba once but didn’t plan well and was not as hungry as we would have liked so didn’t taste everything offered but the filet, lamb chops and specialty cut of bottom sirloin was very good. Chops, Izumi bad Giovannis were all good with Chops having the bigger crowd both nights we were there. All in all great cruise and we didn’t feel we missed out on anything we wanted to do. Can’t wait to sail her again.

• Like 1

Sailing on her in February and again in March.  I was able to make my show reservations on the app ( I think it’s about 30 days out. ) 

I made them all at 9 pm or later as we like to eat early and I knew this wouldn’t interfere.  Hopefully we can stay awake.  

Making your speciality dining reservations should be the first thing you do! Either find a restaurant that will take them or go to the MDR and get in a line there.  Sometimes there is also a line somewhere on the promenade.  Act quickly and you should get what you want.  Take a note with what you’ve booked for entertainment and a pen.  This always help me.  If you don’t get what you want you may be able to move things around later in the cruise by asking again at a restaurant desk.  They will do what they can. 

Honestly I wouldn’t do MTD right now.  It seems a mess since covid.  I don’t want to wait in a line although some say if you make MTD reservations ahead it goes better.  We’ve decided for now to do set dining. This way we know we’ll get in and know about when we’ll be done.

Edited by cruiselvr04