Super Bowl Sunday

oakgrove girl

No problem finding a area showing it 

We watched it in our cabin.   The butler made up a wonderful charcuterie board.  He would have brought us some drinks but we already had some stocked up, plus the beer and wine we had.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KatieDub said:

We'll be in Miami on Superbowl Sunday: We board the morning after.

Any suggestions on where to watch if near to hotels by the port?

If you're in downtown/Brickell there are no shortage of restaurants and bars with TVs that will certainly be showing it. Just be prepared for them all to be very busy. I live close to PortMiami, what sort of taste/preferences do you have?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, miguelmia said:

If you're in downtown/Brickell there are no shortage of restaurants and bars with TVs that will certainly be showing it. Just be prepared for them all to be very busy. I live close to PortMiami, what sort of taste/preferences do you have?

For watching the Superbowl I'd be into some sort of sports bar. I'm not from the USA so when I'm there I like to experience typical American "beers, sports and wings" atmosphere. 

@oakgrove girl, I'm also going to be on a Celebrity ship on Super Bowl Sunday, although a different one (Silhouette for me). From my understanding (I've searched around different forums since I was also curious about where to watch and it's my first time on Celebrity) Craft Social would definitely have the game as they usually have sporting events on all day. I saw on a different thread on here as well that NFL playoff games were on at Craft Social last year on the Apex. There should also be sports channels available in cabins if you'd rather watch it there. I tend to be a bit of a social butterfly, so I know my husband and I are probably going to have a seat at Craft Social for the entirety of the game. I hope you have a lovely cruise and I also hope that we have a great game to watch on February 12th!

6 hours ago, KatieDub said:

For watching the Superbowl I'd be into some sort of sports bar. I'm not from the USA so when I'm there I like to experience typical American "beers, sports and wings" atmosphere. 

It can be fun, just keep in mind that Super Bowl Sunday is THE biggest sports day in the U.S., so expect any place to be extremely busy (and loud). I imagine many will have some kind of special Super Bowl event going on. Keep in mind, though, that many will refer to it as "the Big Game" to keep the NFL's lawyers at bay, so don't be confused by that. These events may include special pricing on food/drinks (either higher or lower than normal), some kind of pre-/post-game entertainment, or even a cover charge. It depends on the venue.

Here are a couple of articles from last year that should help you get an idea of what to expect:

https://www.timeout.com/miami/things-to-do/where-to-watch-the-super-bowl-in-miami

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/miami/best-places-watch-super-bowl-miami

If your hotel is close to the port then Bayside Marketplace should be walking distance away (or at least a very short Uber). It's quite touristy for my taste so I rarely go, but it has a number of bars and restaurants with bars that will have the game on. The rest of the downtown/Brickell area has too many restaurants to list; I can't think of any that would be qualify as a sports bar off the top of my head but they are definitely out there.

If you're OK with driving or Ubering further away, then there are places in Coconut Grove, Wynwood, etc. that may be a bit more low-key but still fun. Personally, I'm a fan of the local bar+grill chain Flanigan's (there's one in Coconut Grove) but that's pretty busy on an average night (doesn't help that it's a bit small). On Super Bowl Sunday, I'd stay away.

Ultimately, Google is your friend, especially once the game is only a week or 2 away. I'm sorry I can't recommend any specifics but you definitely have plenty of options.

• Thanks 1