Live: 10 Nights Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Edge January 13-23

bnurick

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was reading with Interest.   Last year we were scheduled for one in France (On the expensive side at about $250 pp but had lots of OBC).      About 2 days before the tour they cancelled it with no explanation leaving us to scramble to spend the OBC with only 3 days left. 

Was yours also on the expensive side?   Also did the Chef continue on with you after the market or just an hour or so and they you went on without the chef?

Might be something we would enjoy.   Year ago they had small group cooking classes in Murano's and after we made many of the dishes etc they served us a nice dinner in the wine cellar of Murano.    Obviously they didn't serve us our own versions ... LOL   It was a fun event.

Good evening Jim, we booked early and with the discount it was $191.99 a person. The Chef accompanied us for approximately 1 hour then left to buy ingredients and head back to the ship via taxi. We always seem to meet very nice fellow cruisers on these smaller group offerings. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EarthByShip said:

Hi, I am on the Feb 3rd sailing.

Have you noticed any jigsaw puzzles in the library? With so many sea days, I was wondering if I needed to bring my own😃

I have not seen, but I would probably just bring your own to make sure you are not disappointed. Cheers!

On 1/18/2023 at 10:12 AM, bebe08 said:

Thank you so much for posting about your trip I am really enjoying it 🙂  We sail the Edge very soon...our first E class ship 🙂

I have a couple questions re Eden, wondering if you know the answers to.  No worries if not...don't expect you to run around the ship and research lol!

- Eden Cafe - I had read that Eden Cafe is a complimentary and open for breakfast and lunch but don't see it appearing on the dailies

- Eden Bar - can you get "normal" cocktails there or just the really fancy expensive ones.  We have the classic beverage package and typically just pay the difference for more expensive drinks.  Works out cheaper than upgrading our drinks package but having never been on an E class perhaps the drinks are more expensive especially in Eden?

Thanks so much and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

We have sailed Edge and Apex, dining in Eden a few times. Normal bar service is available along with wine selections. We have not explored the “fancy” cocktails. 🍸

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bnurick said:

Good evening Jim, we booked early and with the discount it was $191.99 a person. The Chef accompanied us for approximately 1 hour then left to buy ingredients and head back to the ship via taxi. We always seem to meet very nice fellow cruisers on these smaller group offerings. Cheers!

Thank -   We do enjoy small more intimate tours and that sounds like something we would enjoy.     I forgot to mention those lobster on your private charter looked OOOOHHHHH so good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m enjoying your trip report and pictures . Do you happen to know what nights they are doing the chic nights? we will be doing this cruise in March and trying to plan on what nights we want to book at Eden . We were going to book one night but now may be two since we will be dining in the four main dining rooms and not in Luminae this trip . Or wondering if we should book at the steakhouse one night instead of two at Eden ?

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, bnurick said:

Eden Bar: The Garden (left) and the Forbidden (right). We felt they were OK but not something we would get again. Also, pretty much everyone here seem to be ordering from their beverage package. Cheers from the Edge!

628C0A39-84EF-4F5B-BCBD-A5326CAAE1F7.jpeg

Thank you so much for this post as well as your previous post re: Eden.  Very helpful and Much appreciated!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for taking us along on your adventure. We've sailed both EDGE and APEX and will be on EDGE again Feb 24. I'm curious what Pinot Noir they're serving in Luminae now. 

Thank you. The app shows a Cakebread anderson valley I believe and they are out. I did try their Italian Bordeaux and we drank it last night. I can see tomorrow if they have a substitute. Cheers!

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank -   We do enjoy small more intimate tours and that sounds like something we would enjoy.     I forgot to mention those lobster on your private charter looked OOOOHHHHH so good.

Thank you. It was unreal and we will definitely figure out how to do again next January.  Yellow Beach restaurant on Pinel Island.

3 hours ago, sdnich said:

I’m enjoying your trip report and pictures . Do you happen to know what nights they are doing the chic nights? we will be doing this cruise in March and trying to plan on what nights we want to book at Eden . We were going to book one night but now may be two since we will be dining in the four main dining rooms and not in Luminae this trip . Or wondering if we should book at the steakhouse one night instead of two at Eden ?

I think the dailies I am posting say on the cover page. I literally wear my uniform every night, dress shirt and slacks.

I would book them all and cancel later. Everything is literally sold out on our cruise. If we didn’t pre-book Eden it would not have happened. Only late add was Raw on 5 tonight.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, padgman1 said:

Fantastic reports and engrossing pictures, thanks...

Keep the wine pictures coming ( wondering what you brought onboard) !!!

How have you found the bourbon/whisky selections ?

Thank you! The bourbon is Woodford, Bulliet, Makers, Buffalo Trace and Beam. Don’t do whiskey, from Kentucky.

I brought 2 bottles of Peter Michael des Pavots 2010 and the Quintessa 2010.  They have a Louis Jadot Gervey-Chambertin Burgundy 2017 and a few bottles of Goldeneye 2016 we have enjoyed on the ship. So the more meaty wines are less plentiful. Definitely recommend bringing your 4 bottle allotment for 2 persons. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, padgman1 said:

Fantastic reports and engrossing pictures, thanks...

Keep the wine pictures coming ( wondering what you brought onboard) !!!

How have you found the bourbon/whisky selections ?

Here is the Burgundy for $89. They never run out of this option in all our cruises.  Cheers!

792B52A1-8696-4B03-803F-D07B6DFEE3E0.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bnurick said:

Thank you! The bourbon is Woodford, Bulliet, Makers, Buffalo Trace and Beam. Don’t do whiskey, from Kentucky.

I brought 2 bottles of Peter Michael des Pavots 2010 and the Quintessa 2010.  They have a Louis Jadot Gervey-Chambertin Burgundy 2017 and a few bottles of Goldeneye 2016 we have enjoyed on the ship. So the more meaty wines are less plentiful. Definitely recommend bringing your 4 bottle allotment for 2 persons. 

Cheers!

Thank you for the update. I can make do with these selections. I also am (originally) from Kentucky and prefer bourbon but will try other things.

Impressive that you have 2010's to bring on board, I want to have dinner with you if on board someday...also impressive that Celebrity has a good Burgundy for under $100... 

16 hours ago, bnurick said:

Thanks for the reconnaissance.

Bourbon not necessarily equals Kentucky.

Bourbon Requirements

On 4 May 1964, the United States Congress recognized Bourbon Whiskey as a “distinctive product of the United States.” The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 CFR 5) state that bourbon must meet these requirements:

• Bourbon must be made of a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn.
  • Bourbon must be distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume).
  • Bourbon must be aged in new, charred oak barrels.
  • Bourbon may not be introduced to the barrel at higher than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume).
  • Bourbon which meets the above requirements and has been aged for a minimum of two years, may (but is not required to) be called Straight Bourbon.
  • Bourbon aged for a period less than four years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
  • If an age is stated on the label, it must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle.
  • Only whiskey produced in the United States can be called bourbon.

5 hours ago, padgman1 said:

Thank you for the update. I can make do with these selections. I also am (originally) from Kentucky and prefer bourbon but will try other things.

Impressive that you have 2010's to bring on board, I want to have dinner with you if on board someday...also impressive that Celebrity has a good Burgundy for under $100... 

Sounds good! I buy off benchmark wine online. They resale people’s cellars.  Find some good stuff there. Cheers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks for the reconnaissance.

Bourbon not necessarily equals Kentucky.

Bourbon Requirements

On 4 May 1964, the United States Congress recognized Bourbon Whiskey as a “distinctive product of the United States.” The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 CFR 5) state that bourbon must meet these requirements:

• Bourbon must be made of a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn.
  • Bourbon must be distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume).
  • Bourbon must be aged in new, charred oak barrels.
  • Bourbon may not be introduced to the barrel at higher than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume).
  • Bourbon which meets the above requirements and has been aged for a minimum of two years, may (but is not required to) be called Straight Bourbon.
  • Bourbon aged for a period less than four years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
  • If an age is stated on the label, it must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle.
  • Only whiskey produced in the United States can be called bourbon.

When you reside in Kentucky… 😉 

• Like 3

Good afternoon, a quick overview of our excursion today. Boarded a catamaran with a first stop in a calm bay for a snorkel, which we are fairly worn out with 5 excursions in 5 consecutive days, so we stayed on the boat. After the snorkel a light lunch is served onboard. Second stop is a beach in Nevis with chairs and bar (Piney Beach). This is next to the Four Seasons Resort. We walked over and sat at their beach bar for a cocktail and some conch fritters. We had an hour so we were back to the boat fairly quickly. Then about a 90 minute sail back to the ship.

Now this was a party boat with lot’s of music and beer/rum punch. If that is not your thing you probably would want a more relaxing excursion.  The crew were very high energy and danced with everyone.  Definitely a party is how I would describe it. Most were feeling VERY good and dancing away.

Cameron will post some pictures later.

Cheers!

A27DE4EF-C4CC-48DC-9F6D-216BCF900BF3.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 1