Balcony Dividers on Magic

nunuc2000

Trying to get some definitive answers on the topic of balcony dividers, specifically on the Magic.  I know that some rooms are adjoining, meaning there is a connecting door inside the room itself to allow passage, but my question is strictly to do with the balcony dividers. In the diagram below, would rooms 9292 and 9296 have the balcony divider that can be opened? How about 9284 and 9288 (regardless of their adjoining room status)?

Thanks 🙂 

image.png.a1377e23f2da3be35434ef30f3e7dc2a.png

31 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

my question is strictly to do with the balcony dividers. would rooms 9292 and 9296 have the balcony divider that can be opened? How about 9284 and 9288

Hi @nunuc2000🙂

I hope this helps you. 

20230107-143250.jpg

20230107-142446.jpg

20230107-142422.jpg

20230107-142401.jpg

Carnival Magic Deck 9 Information located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1509

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

I believe most balcony dividers can be opened up between rooms, since they do that when

cleaning balconies.

Yes , but from reading some need to stay closed outside of cleaning because of way rooms are shaped and some dividers blocking certain things.

I'm probably making this up or maybe i'm not.

About 6 years ago, we had 3 separate balcony rooms of people next to each other and all dividers opened so we could have one long balcony and walk to each other's rooms.  That was on the Dream so not sure if we lucked out based on where our rooms were but it was nice.

The connecting door between cabins is on the wall at the foot of the bed.  The balcony door is also on that side of the room.  Therefore when the divider is opened, it will block one of the doors to the balcony.  So one cabin would. It have access to their balcony without going through the connecting cabin and out their balcony door.  EM

7 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

I believe most balcony dividers can be opened up between rooms, since they do that when

cleaning balconies.

Most balconies can only be opened at one side. That means the room on the next side would not be able to open up to it. 

While I have not been in those specific rooms, I've sailed the Magic several times.  Every room that we have stayed had dividers that you could open.  I always pack a multi tool which will open the divider.  

3 hours ago, SurfCat said:

While I have not been in those specific rooms, I've sailed the Magic several times.  Every room that we have stayed had dividers that you could open.  I always pack a multi tool which will open the divider.  

I always bring my saw so I can make all my rooms "connecting" room. /s

Unless this has changed passengers aren't suppose to open the dividers. There are reasons some open , some don't and reasons some should be left closed

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

21 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @nunuc2000🙂

I hope this helps you. 

20230107-143250.jpg

20230107-142446.jpg

20230107-142422.jpg

20230107-142401.jpg

Carnival Magic Deck 9 Information located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1509

14 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

Thanks for the very helpful info... Now I understand how how they pair up the balconies that CAN open to one another, and that it's due to the placement of the balcony egress door alternating in each room.  Makes sense! But why they wouldn't have set up adjoining rooms to have adjoining balconies as well is a little weird to me. 

Now I know which ones to book - thanks again everyone! 🙂 

39 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I always bring my saw so I can make all my rooms "connecting" room. /s

Unless this has changed passengers aren't suppose to open the dividers. There are reasons some open , some don't and reasons some should be left closed

Very true! Once I viewed diagrams and photos of the rooms, it all made sense as to why it's only alternating rooms whose balconies can be opened to one another.  👍

On 1/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, SurfCat said:

Why not just ask the RS to open it up. I ask my travel agent to put in the request for me and when I reach my room they are already opened. 

16 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

Why not just ask the RS to open it up. I ask my travel agent to put in the request for me and when I reach my room they are already opened. 

Not every  balcony can be opened up to each other for use by guests. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, nunuc2000 said:

Not every  balcony can be opened up to each other for use by guests. 

This is correct. I am talking about the ones that can open. Instead of someone bringing tools to open it themselves they could just ask the RS. 

Edited by Jamericannn
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, Jamericannn said:

In my experience, the RS can't open them.  You have to get in touch with guest services who may or may not get someone to take care of it during your cruise.